Distracted

---Emily's POV---

It's been about four days since I accompanied One Direction for dinner. I have been busy the past few days with school and work. At the moment, I was having lunch before I had to go to my last class. I had packed myself a tuna sandwhich and a bought a juice from the machine. This morning was pretty hectic. I woke up late, and had to run... no...  SPRINT! to the bus. It takes the bus about an hour to get to the University. I made it just in time. 

During my last class, I couldn't focus at all. I kept thinking of a dimpled, curly haired boy. I was currently in  Psychology, my professor was giving us a lecture on how the mind tends to wander towards what we desire to the most... she must read minds. Her words would fade in and out every once in a while. 

"Emily, what do you think about that?" she distracted me from my thoughts.

"Huh?" I looked up, noticing that the whole class was looking at me... great. 

"About the conscious concentrating towards what they find desiring instead of focusing on what their professor is lecturing about?" call me crazy, but it seems like she was hinting on me to stop day dreaming. 

"ummm well.. umm." I didn't know what to say.. Sorry ma'am you're absolutely correct, I'm too busy thinking of a green eyed Adonis instead of focusing on your lecture? Ummmm no. 

"Pay attention" she said before continuing. I nodded and looked at my notebook. I couldn't believe it. there on my notebook paper... was a doodle of a curly haired, dimply smiling, guy with a bowtie. I really need to stop thinking of anybody else other than Brandon. My boyfriend. 

Class had ended. I gathered all of my things and stood up. Walking towards the front of the class towards the exit, my professor called after me. "Emily, could you please come here for a moment?" I looked up towards her and walked to her desk. 

"Ye-yes Ma'am?" I didn't want to look into her eyes. 

"You usually pay attention in my class... was something wrong?" she asked me looking at me. I looked up and met her eyes. 

"Just.. "

"This has nothing to do with a certain... famous singer... does it?" I looked at her with wide eyes. "Miss Olsen, I'm not that old," She brought out a newspaper magazine from under her desk. On the cover, was a pic of me and the boys sitting on the table at Little Italy in the middle of a conversation. I could see very clearly the gaze that Harry was giving me... it had some kind of ... meaning behind it. I'm laughing in the pic, I think it was something Lou had said  that made me burst out in laughter. The headling read 'DOES ONE DIRECTION HAVE A NEW LADY FRIEND?"

I looked up at my professor, she was one of my favorite teachers here at University. I've only been in London for about two and a half months. She was the first professor I felt comfortable with. She knew about my situation with medical school, Brandon, home... 

"Just watch your actions dear.. that little boyfriend of yours would not like the fact that you're hanging out with this boy." 

"Ye-yes Mrs. Winston" I nodded and walked out. 

Walking out of the room, I could see from outside the windows that it was pouring rain. I sighed loudly, I wouldn't be able to walk to the bus from here... I'd have to call Brandon. Dialing his number, I prayed that this boy would answer. 

"Hello?" I heard him answer.

"Brandon, It's Emily... could you pick me up? It's pouring rain... I can't walk in this weather." Please say yes, please say yes. 

"Em, I can't I'm about to go into a meeting with the owner. In fact, I'm gonna be home late, don't wait up." 

"Fine!" I hung up. It was freezing outside AND  raining... pouring rain! I could not walk in this weather. I had to find a way to get home. I looked at my phone, trying to find my mom's number.. Emily you idiot... she's halfway around the world! oh yeah... I scrolled down some more and came across a number. Pressing the 'Call' button, I held the phone up to my ears. Please answer.. Please. Lightning could be seen a small distance away, the thunder soon followed. It sounded like a thousand whips. Making me jump. Please answer.

"Hello?" I heard a deep voice answer the phone. 

(a/n 2 guesses on who she just called lol. This isn't a big chapter. haha It was a filler chapter.. i think that's what they're called. I hope this didn't steer anyone away. because itwill get better I  PINKY  PROMISE YOU (sticks out pinky) LOL SO please tell me what you think:D)