Ice Cream, Picnics, and Buddies.

---Emily's POV---

Today was Friday, and surprisingly, Brandon took the day off of work. We were to go out and spend the day together. We hadn't really done this in a while, so I was happy. The weather was cool, however, it was still a nice day for a stroll. We walked around a park nearby to our flat. 

"Would you like an ice cream?" Brandon asked me, pulling me lightly towards the ice cream vendor. I nodded my head, asking for strawberry. I know I know... it was chilly yet you still ate ice cream? It's always a good time for ice cream! 

"Thank you," I quietly said as he handed me the coned treat. It was delicious, strawberry, my favorite. I could see children running around and playing, as their mothers caught up with the recent gossip. My mom would do that, well... I'm pretty sure she still does. I should call her.

"You ok?" Brandon asked, linking his hand into mine. I looked up at him and smiled. His hair was freshly trimmed into a buzz cut, his jaw line was sharp. He was so handsome. He looked so tired from these past two and half months. Full of late work hours and little sleep. I was really greatful that he was taking the day off to spend time with me. These moments were rare, but when they were here, I enjoyed them dearly. 

"Just thinking of my mom." I stated. He nodded, he knew how much she was always on my mind. He knew I felt like I basically abandoned them.. but this was to follow my dream. I came to London, because I couldn't achieve my dream in America. 

"I'm sorry... for making you leave" he whispered. 

"Hey, Hey... you didn't make me leave. I left willingly..." I bet you're all wondering why does he think he 'made me leave'... well... in a way... he did. 

***FLASHBACK

"Mom!!! I got accepted in to Yale!!!" I screamed jumping up and down infront of my mother. It was my senior year and this was a big deal for me. I HAVE been waiting on this moment since I even knew what college was. 

"That's a very big school sweety" My mom softly said.

"Big and EXPENSIVE" my dad came in to the kitchen, where me and my mom were currently looking at my acceptance letter.

"I know..." I said looking at the floor. 

"Honey, you know we can't afford that school... " tears were welling up in my face. I know it was being selfish... but I deserved college.. I had high grades and worked so hard. 

"Honey," my mom turned to my father, "the house bill is due again, and since we didn't pay last month... it's going to be double."

My dad sighed loudly, putting on his uniform for his nightshift. "I guess I'll just have to take out another loan" he said walking out. 

**still flashback... but an hour later***

I was now at Brandon's house, sobbing. He knew how much I'd wanted to go to college. He knew it was important to me. He also knew how and why my parents couldn't afford it. Shit... we could barely afford dinner for the night. 

"Emily, I'm so sorry" he said embracing me. 

"It's ok.. there's really nothing anybody could do" I said hugging him back.

"Actually..."

***END OF FLASHBACK*** (can't give everything away can I;) atleast not yet) 

The rest of the day went very well. We had eaten a picnic at the park, we walked around London. We even went shopping for bikes. Now that the London weather was being a bit kinder, I could ride my bike around instead of the bus. 

I hadn't checked my phone in all day. I guess I was trying to keep away from any distraction from Brandon. I decided to turn it on and see if I've had any missed calls. None. But I did get a text. From him.

From Harry: Thinking of you xx

It was pretty late, the day had gone by fast. The text read that it was sent about noon... it was now about ten at night. I was going to shower and get ready for bed. I shot him a quick text in reply.

To Harry: Goodnight buddy, x

---Harry's POV--- 

To Harry: Gooodnight buddy x

I looked at my phone over and over. She hadn't replied in all day, and when she did... I got a 'Goodnight buddy'??? That's never happened before. Usually girls were texting ME and I was ignoring THEM.... now the tables have turned... and it sucks. 

Either thisgirl was playing hard to get and she DOES want me... OR maybe, perhaps, Harry Styles was just friendzoned. 

Or maybe aliens have taken over the world... yeah I think the last one seems legit. 

(a/n so she calls him buddy?? omg and now y'all know that her family was completely broke... but why? exactly how bad? and what was Brandon gonna say before the flashback ended. All these questions will be answered in the future.. stay tuned for next chapter on... Friendzoning Harry Styles!!! lol (announcer voice right there) lol So what do you guys think?:D)