Evidence

---Louis' POV---

"Harry are you here!?" I shouted, closing the door behind me. More like shutting it. The sound of the door closing echoed along the empty living room. Niall's house was neat, the touch of a woman did good to this place. Niall wasn't a messy lad, but he was a guy none the less. The floors were clean and vaccumed. The dishes done. The smell of vanilla filling the air, she must have lighted a candle earlier in the day. 

"fucking Louis" I could hear a mumble come from the guest room. The sound of shuffling could be heard in the opposite end of the door. I walked a bit closer towards the almost closed door. What the hell was going on in there? 

"Emily? You in here?" I opened the door, only to see Emily sitting up at the edge of her bed, breathing heavily. I looked farther up the bed, and saw a shirtless Harry, there on the bed too. A white towel, wrapped around his lower half, was the only cover he had. His damp hair still hanging loosely on his forehead. Both of them trying to catch their breath. "Did I interrupt something?" I asked suspiciously, looking between them two. 

"Umm, no. No. J-j-just getting ready f-f-or bed." Emily stuttered, which I noticed she did when nervous. Running her fingers through her hair, she looked towards the floor. Avoiding any type of eye contact. 

"What do you want Louis?" Harry asked through gritted teeth. I definately did interrupt SOMETHING. I had the strongest urge to laugh. I had a knack for ruining moments. 

"Errm... Harry, can I talk to you in the living room?" I asked, almost forgetting why I came looking for him in the first place. 

He stood up, wrapping the towel more tightly around him. Thankfully, not exposing anything. He was my best mate, but there are boundaries. 

Walking out of the room and into the living room, Harry gave me a 'why are you here?' look. I chuckled, looking towards the hallway. Emily hadn't left, she was still in the room. 

"So?" Harry asked, running his fingers through his hair. 

"I was driving down Emily's old street... and when I passed the house, the ambulance was carrying Brandon off in a stretcher. I called Niall to tell him, and He told me you knew about Emily... did you have anything to do with him being carried off in a gurney?" 

---Harry's POV---

I didn't know I hurt the guy that bad. Who was I kidding? I knew damn well what I did to the guy. I stood there, looking towards the ground on my right. My eyebrows scrunched together, trying to think of what to say. He knew I did that, he was just trying to confirm. 

"Did you?" the question ran into my ear. But it the voice didn't belong to Louis. I turned towards the hallway. Emily stood there, leaning against the wall. Her expression saddened, but shocked. 

"I ummm, I." Charlie came strolling out of the room. He was evidence that I HAD been there. There was no denying it now. "Louis, I'll call you later okay mate?" I spoke. Placing my hand on Louis' back, I guided him towards the door. I had to handle one thing at a time. Emily first. 

I closed the door behind Louis. My forehead resting on the solid wood. I took two deep breaths, preparing myself for how Emily would react. I turned, to see Emily two feet away from me. Her steps were silent. I didn't even hear her approach me. 

"Harry," she whispered, walking closer to me. "What did you do?" she asked, grabbing onto my hand. It was then that we BOTH realized my hands had small scrapes at the knuckles. Just another piece of evidence. The shower must have washed away the blood. I couldn't explain the cuts on my flesh. I had gotten them while punching Brandon in the mouth. His teeth must have grazed my skin, causing the skin to break. I guess my adrenaline masked the pain from the newly cut wounds.