forever and for always

---Harry's POV---(after hanging up with Emily on the phone)

I slammed my hands down onto the table's hard surface. The sound of clinging glassware echoed along the dining area. Glares from the surrounding tables burned onto my back. I could feel my body raising and lowering with every deep breath I took. I wasn't able to protect her from Brandon, and now I won't be able to protect her from a fucking pap. I hated the feeling of knowing I was useless. She was in trouble, and I couldn't help her. I felt so useless knowing that some man was following her, while I was over here, doing nothing. 

 Knowing I had to do something, I paid for the drink I had ordered, and ran out of the restaraunt. I knew she wouldn't be at Niall's, but I had to try. I had to start my search somewhere. The day was a bit windy. Shoving my hands into my jacket pockets, I walked towards my best mates house. Why didn't I bring the damn car with me? I would have arrived alot quicker. Move your ass Harry!  My conscious mentally kicked me, making me run towards Niall's house. 

Finally reaching the front lawn, I was panting. Gasping for air, I knew I couldn't stop just yet. I had to make sure she was here, please... please be here! Taking large strides towards the front door, I decided to not bother knocking. I didn't have to tippy toe in order to reach the key that sat ontop of the door frame. 

The key slowly turned inside of the lock. A small 'click' indicated that the door was now unlocked. Slowly turning the knob, I walked into the front walkway. My lips parted, ready to yell out for Emily, to see if she was here. The sound of her frantic voice made me stop. She was talking to Niall about something. 

Trying to make myself unnoticed, I took small, quiet steps forward. Silently praying she wouldn't notice me. I wanted to know what she was talking about.

I could see her lift her shirt a bit, scanning her bruised body. Her hand rising up to her lips, I could tell she was feeling the small slit that Brandon gave her with one of his fists.Yesterday, I constantly repeated how perfect she was. Still, I could see hints of doubt in her eyes. 

"Look at me Niall, I'm marked all over my body. I have so much baggage with me that I don't even think I, myself, could handle. When I ran from Brandon that day, I knew it wasn't going to be the end. I know we will cross paths every now and then Niall. It's inevitable." The thought of Emily seeing that ass again made my stomach turn. She will never see that idiot again, I'll make sure of it. Brandon was currently in a hospital bed. If he even thought of going closer to Emily, I'll put him back. That's a promise. 

"We will be by your side everytime that happens love," Niall's hand entwined into Emily's. My heart jolted with the sight of somebody else getting close to her. I knew they shared a kiss, Emily told me. I couldn't help but hope that there was nothing there between them anymore.  

"It's not just that Niall." I could tell she was struggling with her words. She was hurt. "I went to visit Brandon at the hospital yesterda-" 

"What?!" His fists clenched, I could tell he was pissed. Whenever Niall's jaw bone peaked out from under his skin, that meant he was angrier than ever. I knew of this. Before me and her made love, I had caught her sneaking back home. She explained to me that she wanted to see how he was. To check if he wasn't dead. 

"Niall, sit please" Emily pulled him down next to her. "Harry beat him to a pulp! I had to make sure he wasn't dead or anything. While I was sleeping.. Harry went to the house and just beat him Niall."

"Good." The words coming from Niall made me smirk. He wanted Brandon to be hurt as much as I did. I could have done more damage to the bastard. Hell, I could have kept him from walking for the rest of his life... but I knew better.