Wait for me....

---Emily’s POV---

(Dream) **don’t freak out it’s a dream**

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve moved back to Texas. The weather here is completely opposite from the London winds. Although it’s winter, the Sun still beams down with its warm rays in Texas. Weather is only one difference between Texas and London… but there were hundreds more.  One difference, and perhaps the biggest change I would have to get used to… was Harry’s absence.  He was touring the rest of the world, while I was back home with my parents.

Don’t get me wrong, I was happy to see my parents after months of hardly speaking… but I wanted so badly to be in Harry’s arms again. To feel his protective arms wrapped around my waist as he gently planted his soft lips onto mine. But the closest contact I could have of him was through text messaging…. and those came around every once in a great while…

Currently, I was walking through the market. Waving hello to everyone I had left behind a few months ago when I decided to go overseas with Brandon.  Although this was, and will always be, my home, something didn’t fit right. These people were used to me and Brandon walking around the aisles. Holding hands, laughing at inside jokes we would create. They had no clue of what I went through in London. No clue of the amazing human being I had met and fallen in love with. I was a stranger.

“Emily! How have you been? Long time no see.” I heard Mrs. Rice’s voice come from behind the counter.

“Hello Ma’am,” I smiled brightly.Memories coming back of how she used to hand me free apples as a child whenever I would come to the market with my mother.  I scanned her figure; her dress reached her ankles, small black shoes covering her feet. Her eyes exposed crinkles in her eyes as she smiled. Although she was elderly, she was adorable. She looked the same as she did when I left home almost half a year ago.

“You’re back to visit?” She asked, wondering what I was doing home from London.

“For the semester,” I nodded. Despite my smile, I was sure my eyes gave it away. I didn’t want to speak much about why I was here. I could tell Mrs. Rice had noticed because she smiled and continued looking into the box she had just carried onto the counter. I smiled widely, knowing exactly what she was doing. As she pulled her arm out of the box, her hand was wrapped around a bright red apple. I felt like a child once more, I felt safe.

“For old times’ sake,” her teeth were exposed with her smile as she handed me the red fruit.

“Thank you very much Mrs. Rice,”

“Say hello to your mother for me. Welcome back Emily.” I nodded at her words as I turned around and continued my day. Maybe I was wrong… maybe I wasn’t a complete stranger. Just speaking to Mrs. Rice gave me assurance that I have not disconnected with this world completely.

I took a small bite of the apple as I reached into my pocket. Looking at my phone, I noticed Harry STILL hadn’t replied to my text message from yesterday morning. I thought for a second, maybe I could text Niall and tell him to tell Harry. DON’T DO THAT YOU FOOL, HE’LL THINK YOU’RE A JEALOUS GIRLFRIEND WHO DOESN’T WANT TO GIVE HIM AIR! I shook my head as I shoved my IPhone into my back pocket.

I knew I was overreacting. Harry himself said we were going to be okay, despite the millions of miles between us. 

Walking towards the registers, I passed a shelf full of the latest celebrity gossip magazines. Passing through, I came upon a familiar pair of green eyes. Harry, my Harry, was front page of a teen magazine… but he wasn’t alone.