Helping the Poor

---Liam's POV---

Harry has been crying non stop about Emily. Well.. not literally crying. But he won't shut up about her not leaving that Brandon guy. Don't get me wrong, I hope for the best for my close friend. I just wish he'd do something about it, instead of lying around moping all over the place. 

At the moment, I was walking from the gym. I had been there for three hours working out, so I was walking back, taking my time. I was almost home, when I noticed a girl walking around with plastic bags filled with containers. When I looked closer, I noticed it was Emily. She was walking under the bridge where the homeless usually sleep. This surely wasn't safe. Maybe I should go check up on her. 

I walked closer, when I noticed, out of the plastic bags, she was bringing out containers full of food. She would hand them to the homeless men and women sitting under the bridge. I was close enough to hear the conversation between Emily and the strangers. I listened in.

"Thank you Emily, you are so kind" one elderly man had said.

"No problem Thomas, I'll be back next time. Keep safe ok?" she distributed the containers to the other people. Each thanked her by name, and she welcomed each by name. As if they've known her for a while. 

When she was done passing the food out, she began climbing out from under the bridge. Reaching the top, she looked up and spotted me. Her eyes widened at first, but then she smiled.

"Hello Liam" she walked towards me then gave me a hug. 

"Hello Emily, may I ask, What was that?" I asked pointing towards the bridge. 

"Oh... I made myself lunch today. And I had alot of left over food. So when that happens, I bring it to the homeless people under the bridge." That was beautiful... she loved helping the homeless. She was a real people person. Still, that was dangerous... she doesn't really know these people to go into dark spaces under bridges.

"That's not always safe Em, you should have just tossed the food maybe?" Her eyes widened at what I said. Did I say something super offensive?

"No, This is what's best... people aren't always promised a meal. And when they DO get one.. they don't know when they'll get the next... or even how.. It sucks not knowing when your next meal will come Liam... trust me I-" she stopped, looking towards the floor, she softly played with a pebble around her foot. 

"what do you mean... 'trust me I know'?" I asked her. I was a hundred percent sure that was how her sentence was going to end. She looked around and grabbed my arm, leading me towards a nearby bench, we sat down. 

"I'm pretty sure Harry has informed you about my... past. with my scar.." He did. He told us about her scar, how exactly he found that scar... he has yet to tell us. I nodded my head. 

"Well... with all of the hospital bills... My family became broke. We had to take out loan after loan just to pay for the hospital bills themselves." she explained, her eyes teared up. I  grabbed her hand and softly squeezed, assuring her that she could tell me anything. "Well... after a while.. my parents fell behind on the house bills.. the utility bills.. then the loan interest shot up. My parents ended up going into bankrupcy" 

"My goodness Emily, that must have been so stressful" I whispered. She nodded her head. 

"It was Liam." she began to cry, "my parents would constantly fight for small things. Who's turn it was to pay the house. That one didn't have enough money so they couldn't pay for the groceries, or other necessities. There were times where there was no food or anything. That's why I don't take food for granted. I know how much it sucks to not be sure when you'll eat next..During the school year, I'd have lunch provided... but dinner was scarce, summers and holidays were dreadful..."

"Emily, may I ask... if your family couldn't afford small things as groceries... how is it that you're in London attending University? Is it scholarship?" When I asked this, she lowered her head lower than ever before... was she ashamed of something? 

"I'm a horrible person..." she whispered.

"No you're not Emily... from what I just saw under the bridge.. You have a HUGE heart!" I assured her.

"If I tell you something you have to promise not to say anything" she whispered looking into my eyes with such hurt. I slowlly nodded my head.

***Flashback*** (Emily's POV)

I had just spoken to Brandon about me not being able to afford Yale... or any college for that matter. I had to go an extra year to high school, due to me missing so much days after the accident. So me making it to Yale was a big deal. 

 "It's ok.. there's really nothing anybody could do" I said hugging him back

"Actually..." I looked up at him from our embrace with a confused look. He continued, "I've been offered a job... a well paying job at that, well, more like an internship, but I'll be getting paid about thirty dollars an hour..." My eyes widened. 

"That's amazing Brandon!!" I reached up on my tip toes to kiss his lips. 

"Yes I know!! well.. I was thinking.. Maybe I could help you with college. It won't be a huge University like Yale but it will be college." 

"Brandon, I can't do that to you... that's your hard earned money. You need to save up to establish yourself." I shook my head.

"Yes, but maybe I could talk to the owner and tell him your situation, He could maybe give a small scholarship to help out. The company always awards scholarships... maybe? Please baby?" He clasped his hands together as if he were praying. I loved this guy. He was so sweet, and now... he was giving me a second chance.

I leaned up again on my toes, and kissed him softly. For a long time our lips were connected, moving in sync with one another. When our lips disconnected, our foreheads rested together.

"So is that a yes?" he asked me. I nodded. He continued speaking. "There's just one thing... You would have to move with me" My eyes shot open, stepping back I looked at him wide eyed. "to London...." 

***End of FLASHBACK***

---Emily's POV---

I was ashamed of what I had just admitted. I bet it looked like I was using Brandon for his money... I bet Liam was disgusted with me. I didn't want to look up at him. Maybe he'd have an angry face, or a face full of pity. Maybe- I felt his hand squeeze my knee. Looking up at him, he had a soft smile. 

"I loved him Liam, I wasn't using him for money." I whispered.

"I know that Em, but do you hear what you just said.... LOVED...." 

He used Love in past tense. So did I. Did I really still love Brandon? We've been through so much together. My accident, My family going broke, he helped me, and is still helping me through college.... but did I still love him like I used to? As much as I used to? 

(a/n ok guys so I let out the truth about Brandon and how he's helping her... about Emily's past, and about Emily's obsession of not wasting food... what do you think guys?!?! ok... so the whole time i'm typing I'm asking myself... will the readers like this chapter? If not.. consider this a filler chapter. if so.. then yay:D haha Please comment what y'all think:D oh and I know it's not likely for a guy without college experience to get a 30$/hour paying internship... but for the story let's just pretend:D

P.s. I'm thinking of doing a twitcam soon. not now but soon. From my @MissKrystalpayn account. I'm not toooooo sure but I will update y'all if I do:D just giving my little rants and opinions. I'm a very sensitive person so don't think i'm gonna dog on anyone:D I'll honestly just be talking about things I love:D what do y'all think? I just don't wanna sit there with 0 viewers and just be sad haha 

COMMENT

VOTE

READ ON :D)