Truly Madly Deeply

---Emily's POV---

We drove to a small cafe down the street. It was very home-y. The waitress was an elderly lady with a head full of grey hair, but she was beautiful none the less. Her smile was very warm, and she welcomed us with her sweet voice.

"What will it be to drink loves?" she asked us, placing the menus infront of us as we sat down. She reminded me of my grandmother with her warm voice. I hadn't seen her since we moved to London, I should really call them. 

"Coffee please." Harry's deep voice snapped me out of my thoughts. He looked at me questioningly, oh right, my turn to order. 

"Orange Juice please" I smiled at her. She went on her way to get us our drinks. I was looking her way as she disappeared towards the back.

"You alright there babe?" Harry asked me. 

"Harry, I'm not your babe," I blushed behind the menu. He lowered the laminated paper, so that he could get a better look at me. 

"...but you could be," He whispered, green eyes burning into mine. 

"Harry..."

"By the end of the day, you'll see," 

"Harry I-" the waitress came back with our drinks. she frowned a bit, knowing she was disrupting a private conversation.

"I'm sorry," she said, looking into my eyes.

"No, you're fine ma'am. Thank you for being so kind." I smiled, she smiled back. She took our orders and walked back to the kitchen. 

"so, what's the plan for today? on our friendly day together?" I asked, putting exaggeration on the 'friendly'. Harry gave a deep chuckle and shook his head. 

"Just go with the flow," he said, reminding me what I told myself about all of this, I'd just go with the flow... I nodded at what he said.

For the next few minutes we gave small chit chatt about eachother. About our families and what high school was like. Harry was extra careful not to mention Stephanie, he knew that this would upset me. When the waitress brought back our food, we quietly ate. Not for the awkward silence, but because it was amazing food. The pancakes were so soft and sweet, the eggs tasted amazing as well. 

When done with breakfast, I excused myself and got up to use the ladies room. Entering the restroom, a girl around the age of sixteen was washing her hands. She turned around and looked me up and down. 

"YOU and Harry?" she said, with a look of disgust. It made me feel horrible, what was wrong with ME?

"Harry, is j-j-ust a good friend of mine" I stuttered, her glare was making me nervous. 

"Good," she said, with that she walked out. Okay? that was odd. I used the ladies room, washed my hands, then looked at myself in the mirror. God, I looked plain... nothing special. No wonder that girl was looking at me wierd. I walked back out of the restroom, towards Harry. 

"Ready for our da- day?" he asked. I smiled and nodded. 

The weather was amazing, it was breezy but not too cold. My university had a the past few days off, to study for midterms. I was greatful for the small vacation. But tomorrow I was to go back and take two midterm exams... great. 'eh' I shrugged to myself 'I'll enjoy today while I can'. 

I was walking towards the car, when Harry grabbed hold of my hand. When I faced him, he didn't let go, he kept our hands entwined in eachothers. It was a comforting feeling, but it was not right, Brandon didn't approve of us two hanging out, he'd freak if he saw us now.