Drew

---Emily's POV---

"No, Actually, I'm a new volunteer around here. I'm Drew." I shook his hand. His handshake was formal and strong. His aqua colored v-neck hugged around his biceps. He wasn't the most muscular boy, but he had tone. 

"I'm Emily." I smiled, trying not to make it obvious that my eyes had scanned his whole torso in less than two seconds. He was handsome, but he wasn't my Harry. Harry was perfection. My angel. "so 'Isn't she lovely' huh?" questioning his choice of song that he previously had sung to the small infant. 

"Yeah," he rubbed the back of his neck with his large hand, "I was walking down the hall about five minutes ago. I guess one of the patient's family members from a couple of doors down were singing the song. They sounded angelic." I felt my cheeks slowly begin to warm up. Trying to keep from blushing like a tomato, I bit my bottom lip. "I stood outside of that door listening, I guess it got stuck in my head." He chuckled deeply. 

"Oh.. umm.. that was...me." Why was I blushing?! Emily stop it! I mentally growled at myself. 

"Oh, well... this is emberassing. I swear I'm not a weirdo." He shyly let out a nervous chuckle. "I just, really liked your singing." 

"Thank you." I softly spoke. Changing the subject, I continued speaking. "So you're a new volunteer?" 

"Yeah," he eyed me suspiciously, knowing I was trying to steer the conversation towards a new direction. "I started yesterday. I'm hoping to become a doctor after my studies." 

"Same here!" I smiled. 

"Nice!"

"yeah, well I'm still an undergraduate. But I'm working my way up." I stated matter of factly.

"I'm graduating after the spring semester."

"That's amazing Drew, congrats!" I smiled. He was tall. His stature towering over me the way Harry's would. Both boys obviously had their differences. One was, I knew Harry. Drew was still a stranger. The second, I loved Harry. And Drew was still a stranger.

"Are you done for the day?" his question sounding as though it was going to lead to a certain other question. Wanna hang out? I couldn't hang out. I had Harry. The love of my life was on tour at the moment, living his dream. My stomach felt as though it contained millions of butterflies just thinking of that special green eyed boy. 

"Y-yeah. I've been here all day. I'm exhausted." I sighed loudly. I loved volunteering, putting smiles on the childrens' faces brightened up my day. It was the walking around that made me grow tired. 

"Oh, Well I just got here. I get out at seven. But perhaps maybe after-" my phone began ringing, THANK GOD! I looked at the screen, Alex's name flashed on the caller ID. 

"Sorry," I apologized quickly before answering it. "Hey Alex!"

"Hello Em, I'm outside." 

"Okay be down in a bit!" I hung up the phone. Turning back towards Drew, I tucked my phone into the front pocket of my scrubs. 

"Boyfriend?" he asked, looking down a bit towards the floor. Avoiding all eye contact, his tongue slipped from between his lips, wetting his lower lip in the process. 

"Actually, SHE and I are just friends." I laughed. Indicating that Alex was indeed not my 'boyfriend'. 

"Oh Great!" His straight white teeth flashed a smile, seeming so eager. 

"B-but, I do h-h-ave a boyfri-end." I looked him straight into his brown eyes. I was NOT going to hide Harry from anybody. I was his, and he mine. I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I didn't need any other boy. Except the rest of my friends from One Direction.