Broken pieces

---Emily's POV---

"I don't think I could be with Harry..." I cried out. Burying my face into my hands, I didn't want to look at Niall in the eyes. The room was quiet for about two minutes. The sound of our deep breathing filled the  room. I wasn't sure about him, but it felt like my rushing heartbeat could be heard clearly amongst the air. Gaining the courage to face him, I peeked my head up. Blue eyes grew wide in disbelief of my words. 

I bit down on my lower lip. He didn't speak a word, just stared straight at me with complete shock masking his face. Niall and Harry were best friends. IF I chose to not be with Harry, Niall would feel awkward between both of us. Not knowing who to be closer to, it would cause him complete madness. I couldnt' do this to Niall. I couldn't do this to Harry. 

"I'll get my things and leave Niall." I began standing up, only to be pulled back down onto the sofa cushion by Niall. Looking at him confused, I could see that he was trying to contemplate on what to say. 

"Why are you leaving?" He whispered. Looking away from the spot in which I occupied. 

"I can't make you choose between me and Harry," shaking my head as I looked down towards my fiddling hands, I continued my explanation, "I'm just a random girl you met not too long ago, You've known Harry for about 3 years!" 

"Why would I HAVE TO choose between you two?" he stared at me, not quite understanding what was going on. "Why don't you think you can be with him Emily?" 

Tears began forming in my eyes as Brandon's words came back. Every word still fresh in my mind, clinging onto my conscious and heart. Raising my shirt up to my belly button, I could see the fading bruises. My stomach still hurt with every touch. Brandon had kicked me multiple times, each one with more hate than the next. Raising my hand towards my lips, I brushed my fingers against the small cut, now a thin scab. My bruises were now lightening up, but it felt as though they'd be marked for eternity. 

"Look at me Niall," I sighed, not making eye contact with the blonde Irish boy, "I'm marked all over my body. I have so much baggage with me that I don't even think I, myself, could handle." I was speaking  about all of the 'Brandon Drama' that had unraveled not but a week ago. "When I ran from Brandon that day, I knew it wasn't going to be the end. I know we will cross paths every now and then Niall. It's inevitable." 

"We will be by your side everytime that happens love," He held onto my hand, reassuring me that I would never be alone. 

"It's not just that Niall." I cleared my throat. Just thinking about my problems was making my throat tighten, threatening sobs surfacing. "I went to visit Brandon at the hospital yesterda-"

"What?!" Niall stood up, clenching fists indicated he was angry at knowing I was alone with such monster. 

"Niall, sit please" I grabbed his arm. Pulling him back to the seat beside me. "Harry beat him to a pulp! I had to make sure he wasn't dead or anything... While I was sleeping.. Harry went to the house and just beat him Niall."

"Good." Was all that escaped Niall's lips. 

"But... I didn't just go visit to see how he was." 

"Why then?" He asked, rubbing circles around my back for comfort. I began crying again, this time no tears were threatening to spill... because they were already spilling. Leaning towards Niall's shoulder, I sobbed, leaving tear stains against his gray button up. "Emily what's wrong?! tell me!"

"I had to find out why Niall... Why did he cheat on me?!" I fisted his shirt, the ache in my heart unbearalble to handle. "Why was I not good enough for him to stay?" Niall wrapped his arms around me. Resting his head on top of mine, he squeezed me tight. "I thought we had it all, love, passion. But day by day it began slipping away. AND I JUST LET IT!"

"There, there, Everything is going to be okay." The words slipping from Niall's lips matched those of Alex's from earlier in the day.

"Brandon left me for this Barbie doll bombshell. She was beautiful and had this wonderful body Niall... and here I am... just Emily." I huffed, looking down at my torso. Pulling away from Niall's grip, I stayed sitting beside him. "Brandon was a normal guy, had a normal job. YEAH he was handsome... but Harry... Harry is this star! Millions of girls fantasize about him. Millions of girls throw themselves at him. They are all beautiful in their own way. What if one day he falls for one. huh? I'm over here at school,  living a boring old life. Nothing special about ME Niall. I'm just Emily Olsen from Texas. He's Harry Styles from One Direction. Heart throb, 'sex god'!"

"Emily, Harry-"

"I know I know 'He loves you Emily, he'll never do that'. Yeah that's what I thought about Brandon!." I tried wiping my eyes with my sleeve. I hated that I was crying, but I couldn't hold it in anymore. 

"Emily H-"

"I'm broken Niall... I'm one fucked up mess." 

"But Harry-"

"You wanna know why I don't think I can be with Harry?!" I began crying hysterically by this point. Standing up, I was going to tell him how I felt about myself. "Because I don't think I'm good enough Niall!" 

"Listen Em-"

"And when he DOES find somebody better, sexier, skinnier, more perfect... I'm going to be here alone. I have no family here. I have no money to get back home Niall. My family doesn't have enough money for lunch, they DEFINATELY won't have money for a damn plane ticket!"

"But Emily you need to-" 

"You know that's exactly what Brandon said. He said that Harry was going to find somebody better, that Me and Harry wouldn't last. He told me it was best if I returned to him. If I didn't return, I'd end up alone. Because Harry wasn't going to love me for a long time. What am I supposed to think about that?!" I knew I was babbling at this point. Niall was trying to speak, but I kept throwing my feelings out there. I couldn't stop, it was just coming out. Worst part of it was, I wasn't feeling AT ALL better. "I know this is so horrible of me, but I'm nothing Niall," I shrugged my shoulders, "Harry is the world, he's perfect... I have so much weighing me down that I don't even think I can climb out of this hell hole." 

"Harry is-"

"I'm sorry Niall, but I don't think you can fix this, I don't think you can fix ME! I'm broken... nobody can pick up the pieces of my heart."

"Maybe I can..." A deep voice came from the dark entryway. Turning around, those green eyes were what first caught my attention... 

"Harry.." 

(a/n okay let's see where this goes :o 

Shoutout(s)
@Breyinschultz is a very sweet girl that I met here on wattpad :) please follow her:) she is such a sweetheart:D 
@Frevie has a story out called "World War IIV" please go read it and tell her what you think:D she's a very nice young lady so follow her as well:)
@IplaywithHarryscurls has a story called "passion" please go read it AND follow her:D I absolutely love our conversations she's so sweet:) 

qotd shoutouts from last update :D 
@FadingSunlight has a story called "31 days of Harry" omg :O go read it please?:D (I know you didn't want a shoutout but you're so kind that I love you and wanted to give you one anyways:D) she said that Harry was going to come out and that's what happened:D 
@One_D_ful Please follow them :D they have numerous of stories of the boys that are just kljdflkasdjla :D
whoa! that was alot of shoutouts :D haha but please check them out:D if I missed yours i apologize

QUESTION OF THE DAY! What 'stereotype' of the boys do you absolutely hate? idk if I worded it right but look at my example: I HATE when ppl say Niall doesn't deserve this. It's okay to beat the **** out of those ppl. HE DOES DESERVE IT! HE DESERVES THE WORLD! he's kind, sweet, funny, and HE IS TALENTED! ugh!!! i hate when ppl say he's not it aggravates me!

(Harry rant of the day!!!: okay, so I saw online that he was 'dirty dancing and kissing' with some one... *justin bieber voice* that should be meee.... ugh i wish that was me not shit! I can bump and grind babe! i might knock you over with my booty but i'm sure he likes that! ugh! haha p.s. if harry ever DOES read this story... just skip these rants please .___.)

comment
vote
read on:D)