Heaven

---Emily's POV---

It's been a week since I dubbed Niall my new best friend. My days consisted of school, hanging out with Niall, being ignored by Brandon, and trying to steer away from thoughts of Harry. I had to tell Brandon that I lost my phone, and bought myself the new Iphone. He believed it, thankfully. 

When Niall wasn't performing at a show, he'd come over, or I would go over to his house and watch movies. Sometimes the other guys would come over, and we would have a movie marathon together. Harry would never show up though. He'd be out with Hannah, or be too busy with something else. I never questioned it, but  I knew he was avoiding me. 

Thankfully the boys' relationship with Harry didn't change because of me. However, it did change, due to the fact that he was always with Hannah. 

"We can't really be our usual selves, because either Hannah doesn't want to play along, or she wants to hang out with Harry alone." Louis scoffed. He wasn't a fan of Hannah, "Eleanor doesn't like her. She told me herself."

"Danielle likes her because they have dance in common," Liam stated, "But she also has noticed a change in Harry." So it was official, nobody really liked Hannah. 

***

I hadn't volunteered at the hospital much this past week. I decided to call and inform the receptionist that I would definately be there today. 

"Okay sweety, I'll see you here in an hour." the elderly lady spoke into the phone. I agreed and hung up the phone. Not even five seconds after I had hung up with the receptionist, my phone began to vibrate again. I looked at the screen. Niall's picture flashed. A picture I had taken of him during the week. He was laughing, looking away, not wanting me to take his picture because he was red from laughing so hard. 

"Hello Mr. Who-ran," I laughed, he hated it when I called him that. 

"Yuck! that's not how you pronounce it Em!" despite him not liking it, he giggled. 

"I know, but I like to anger you. It's what best friends do you know?" I laughed into the phone, "So what's up?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go out today? Maybe go to the park, or fish, or whatever it is you feel like doing."

"I would love to! buuut,"

"Oh no, that was a big but." I laughed at his joke. 

"Buuut, I promised I'd volunteer at the hospital today." I hadn't been there in a while. I had grown attached to alot of the children that were there. I wanted to go and say hello, see how they were doing, and help around. 

"That's not a problem love, I can swing by and pick you up from there after you're done." 

"Ok, but make SURE you bring your usual disguise. Trust me." The children that occupied the hospital were big fans of One Direction. And if they recognized this blue eyed, blonde haired boy, the nurses would never be able to calm them down. I laughed at the thought of all the children jumping up and down on Niall. Excited that they were able to meet one of the five boys. 

"Fans?" he laughed. The sound of his laugh was relaxing, it gave assurance, that somewhere out there, I had a friend... him. 

"You bet ya! Well I have to go, I'm due there in an hour." I bid a farewell over the phone, and walked out of the door. The day felt warm. I wore scrubs today. It was the required uniform for working at the hospital. My scrubs were quite colorful. They had little angels flying against an aqua blue background. I loved this shirt. It was so adorable. To go with it, I wore black bottom scrubs. 

---Niall's POV---

I hung up with Emily. Last week, she basically said we should just be friends. Yes, it stung a bit. But I had to respect her decision. I placed the phone beside me on the couch. Giving out a loud sigh, I closed my eyes.