On the Balcony

---Liam's POV---

It's been one whole day since I saw Emily giving food to the homeless. I hadn't told Harry about it. He'd only bombard me with questions about what we talked about. I promised Emily I wouldn't tell a soul of her family's past. I'm a man of my word. 

Currently, we were eating dinner at Harry and Louis' loft. We had been trying to brighten his mood. So Louis decided it'd be a great idea to bring pizzas over and hang out. However, Harry was just sitting at the end of the couch staring at his phone. I sneaked around the couch to see what exactly, was making him stare so deep in thought. I quietly walked up behind him and saw his screen. He was staring at Emily's number. I sighed loudly and Harry shut his phone off as he turned around.

"Didn't they ever teach you that it's rude to sneak up on people?" he said quite loudly. I jumped over the couch and landed on its soft cushions.

"Harry... You need to cheer up. I can't stand seeing you like this."

"Well Liam, it sucks... she's staying with that idiot... for no good reason" I didn't think before I answered him.

"She has a good reason lad, She-" I stopped mid sentence. oops...

"And what exactly would that 'good reason' be mate?" he questioned looking straight into my eyes.. he knows I cannot tell a lie. Damnit!

"I- umm - well-"

"You've talked to her haven't you?" his eyes narrowed as he made his assumption. He was correct. I looked away from him towards the boys, they were currently staring at the situation. "Liam... You've seen her.. what did she say? did she talk about me? did she talk about that ass?"  uh oh... he is staring right at me. I cannot tell a lie! Liam... Hold...It... Together... Man!!

"Liam!" Harry screamed again, and with that.. I broke.

"Yes! I saw her giving out leftovers to the homeless under the bridge nearby!" ok... not too much was let out on her secret. 

"Why would she distribute food to the homeless?" Louis asked with a confused look. I couldn't tell them... I promised. But these were my best friends...

"Liam!" Harry screamed again. 

"Because she said it sucks to be poor and she should know because she basically was after her accident because her family had to take out loan after loan and eventually they had no food. So she knows how much it hurts not knowing when you'll eat next!!!" ....great job Liam. You're one true friend... I sighed loudly. 

All of their mouths were hung open. Harry's eyes were wide with shock, but there was a hint of hurt behind his eyes. Hurt because he now knew what Emily had to go through. I was praying that they wouldn't ask anything else. But as always, the guys curiosity got even greater. 

"How can she afford college if her family was having financial problems?" Zayn's question was one I had been dreading. They all leaned in to listen to the answer. I couldn't tell them this part... Emily was emberassed about it the most. 

"Liam, you could tell us. We would never judge Emily. If she means this much to Harry, she means that much to us." Niall spoke up, patting Harry on the back as he said his name. 

"Well....." I'm weak. 

---Harry's POV--- (3 hours later)

Liam had told me everything about Emily. About her family having trouble, and about Brandon paying for her schooling. She was ashamed of the last part. She made Liam promise not to tell anyone. It wasn't his fault he said everything, we kinda DID hammer him with questions until he told us everything.