beauty in the bench

---Niall's POV----

I felt like shit, I'll be completely honest....

Emily didn't want me. She kissed me yeahy, and it was a pretty heated kiss. But I knew if we ended up dating, she would be thinking of Harry in the back of her mind. I couldn't put myself through that... I couldn't make HER go through that. Despite her wanting anything with me, and me wanting anything with her, we both knew it wasn't the right thing. That's why I pulled away from the kiss. A piece of my heart was screaming kiss her you idiot, she wants you to!  Another part of me was screaming You'll never mean as much to her as Harry does, you bloke! My conscious was right... I wasn't Harry. 

I had just bought a good amount of groceries to last us the week. The trip to the market went fairly well. Nobody noticed me at all, except a seven year old girl. She just bounced up and down, pointing right at me with the biggest smile in the world. I couldn't help but laugh, and give a small wave. I could have sworn she was about to faint. 

It was already late, I was in no mood of cooking. Emily was still in bad shape, so I didn't want to make HER cook. I wasn't Brandon, asking, scratch that... ORDERING her to make me food. I had two hands, I wasn't a lazy fuck like him. If I wanted food, I wasn't going  to make Emily cook it for me. When she offers, I gladly accept... but never force her to. 

Since I was not in the mood for cooking, and I knew Emily would be too tired, I went to go buy a pizza. My favorite pizza place was around the corner. Stepping inside, the smell of the sauce filled my surroundings. It smelt heavenly. 

"Niall!" the pizzaria owner called out, "Will it be the usual?" I have been here millions of times before. Always ordering a large pizza with the works. The workers here have become like family. 

"Make it two today Pauly," I waved at him. "I have a guest at home." His smile reached ear to ear. His eye brows began to wriggle up and down, silently asking if it was a girl that was bunkered up at my house. "Just a good friend," I chuckled shaking my head. That's all I'd ever be. 

I turned to sit down at a nearby bench. The pizzaria always made their pizza fresh, so it was going to be a while. I sat down, looking through my phone, when I heard the door's bell ring, indiciating that somebody just walked into the building. 

I looked up to find a girl, walking up to the front counter. Her long toned legs were tanned. The sun was very kind to her, kissing her in all the write places. She was fit, the floral shirt she was wearing clung to her body just right. Her brown hair, dip dyed into blonde, giving it an ombre look. I couldn't see her face though, her back was towards me. I tried stretching my neck as much as I could so that I could get a better look. 

"Hello Alex," Pauly spoke up, smiling to the mystery girl.

"Hey Pauly, How's it going?" Her voice was smooth, my heart skipping beats with every word she spoke. Who was this girl?

"Well my cholesterol is off the charts, I have a kink in my back, I think it's the mattress I've been laying on and-"

"I meant with the pizzaria," She giggled, shaking her head. Her giggle was angelic. If only I could see her face. My neck was stretched to the max. I still couldn't see her.

"Oh, it's going good." Pauly chuckled deeply. "Will it be your usual?"

"Yup, two large pizzas with the works." She must be eating with friends or family. 

"Okay, Let me finish with Niall's order and I'll start up yours." Pauly spoke up, turning around, he walked towards the back of the building. The Alex girl turned around quickly... while I was still stretched out, trying to see her face. She caught me.