Voicemails...

---Emily's POV---

I couldn't breathe. My heart was slowly cracking down the middle as I heard the girl on the other end giggling. Every word that Harry ever whispered into my ear, that he loved me, that I was the only one... they all began to slowly wash away with the tears that were now flowing down my face. He told me he wouldn't forget me. Promising me that I was what made his life complete. It was all lies...

The girl that answered Harry's phone sounded so beautiful. My voice was an awkward combination. I didn't sound beautiful. I wasn't beautiful... Not beautiful enough to keep Harry interested in me and me alone. 

"I-I..." I couldn't speak. I was heartbroken. My heart was in pieces. Remains of the love I once had was now shattered around my pathetic existence. 

I didn't know what to respond with. What if she didn't know about me? What if Harry didn't bother telling her that he was in a relationship with me? What if I was the other woman and Harry just kept her a secret from me the whole time? What if she did know about me? But didn't care enough to stop whatever was going on. 

That's when it hit me... I don't think we ever made anything official. I couldn't remember if he ever asked me to be his girlfriend. My mind and heart were too preoccupied with the fact that Harry Styles was whispering sweet nothings into my ear. 

You're so stupid Emily!

"Hellooo? Is anyone there?" she asked into the phone. I didn't know what to do, so I hung up. Throwing the phone onto the couch, I called out for Charlie. 

The pup came running towards me, he knew I was upset. The tear stains on my cheek made it obvious. Slowly walking up to me, he rubbed his body against my back, his way of comforting me. I now had no one. 

---Harry's POV--- 

Emily, I just wanted her in my arms. I wanted to hold her and tell her how much I loved her and how much I want her to stay in my life forever. It hasn't even been three days and I'm a complete mess. I hadn't been able to talk with her all that much. We have been running up and down alot. Whether it be rehearsals, interviews, or signings, we were always on the run.

Our next performance was in a few hours. We were currently getting dressed as Lou fixed up our hair.  I was laying down on the couch, waiting for Lou to finish with Zayn's hair. I usually was the last one she got to. So I decided a nap would be good at the moment. 

I dreamt of Emily laughing. We were sitting under the tree at the park. She was laughing at something I had said. My name escaping her plump lips. Her eyes crinkling at the corners, the way they always did when she was laughing. She was beautiful. I leaned in to kiss her. Her lips felt soft against mine. Her delicate skin, smooth under my touch. She was heaven, this was heaven. 

"Harry! how can you sleep through that ringer?" Lou came into the room, giggling at my deep sleeping habit. I opened my groggy eyes. Trying to adjust to the light, my eyes fluttered open and close for a few seconds. 

"hmm?" I groaned. I looked in all different directions, trying to see where her voice was coming from. I was still half asleep into my dream. 

"Hello?" Lou answered my phone. She was still giggling into the receiver when I finally came to my senses. "Hellooo? Is anyone there?" 

I stood up, rubbing away at my sleepy eyes. Who was Lou talking to? 

"Harry a girl named Emily called but hung up... Is she a friend of yours?" My eyes widened at the phone Lou was holding up. She had answered Emily's phone. I could already see how bad this would look through Emily's mind.