[twenty four - the damn car horn]

"Amy, I'm sorry, he-" I begin, but she is simply not having it.

"No, I want to hear his reasoning. We all know this isn't your fault, Jessica." I am surprised Amy isn't drunk.

Amy crosses her arms over her chest and stares directly at Ethan, who is trying hard not to laugh. Amy's intimidating glare has no effect whatsoever on Ethan. 

Ethan finally gives in and laughs at Amy, sending her over the edge.

"What is so funny?" She says in an attempted stern voice.

I can admit, it is slightly difficult to take short, petite Amy and her long blonde hair and shiny lip gloss seriously. But, I would be mad if I were her, too.

"Nothing," Ethan eventually replies.

"Then get the hell off of this property, you psycho! Or I can go get my father, who would be more than happy to escort you out."

"Go ahead," Ethan chuckles.

I widen my eyes at Ethan's response and rush over to Amy who is already headed inside.

"Amy! Wait! I'm so sorry about him, really. We will leave right now, I'm sorry he's so disrespectful."

Amy stops and turns to face me. She then huffs dramatically, letting her arms fall to her sides.

"Why is he here? He knows he is not allowed."

"I know, I know. He said he wanted to see me, but I will make sure he never comes here again, I promise. I'm so sorry,"

Amy looks over my shoulder to get one last look at Ethan, I suppose, then back to me. I turn around myself to see Ethan talking to Lilly.

"Okay. Thank you. I'm sorry I freaked out, but my parents would kill me if they knew he was here again, after what he's done to our basement... twice."

I force an apologetic smile at her.

"I know, I completely understand. I would have done the same thing. We'll leave right now."

I start to walk back over to Ethan, but I hear Amy behind me.

"So, are you two like dating, now?"

"Um, yeah." I shrug.

She smiles, slowly nodding her head.

"Well, I'm happy for you, girl! I feel like we haven't talked in forever."

"I know, tonight was actually the first bonfire I've been to in awhile. Let's catch up soon."

"Yes! Sounds good."

Amy waves lightly as I finally walk back to return to my trouble-making... boyfriend. I really do need to talk to him about all this.

"Ethan, come on. We have to leave." I grab his arm.

"F-fuck Amy Rodriguez! You guys just stay here and party with me!" Lilly slurs.

"As tempting as that sounds, we'll have to pass. Ethan isn't even allowed to be here." 

Lilly starts to lean backwards and I rush over to save her from falling. I laugh with her as I help her over to a chair near the bonfire.

"You need to take it easy. We have to go,"

"Yeah, yeah. W-whatever. Go have sex with your gorgeous bad-boy boyfriend,"

Ethan laughs at her comment and I roll my eyes and flip her off. 

Grayson sees Ethan and I as we're walking out and walks over to us. I immediately shoot him a look, and he seems confused.

"Why did you let him come?" I ask, referring to Ethan.