[fifty two - new jersey wedding weekend pt.2]

⚠️THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT CONTENT. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.⚠️

no, like, seriously. this chapter contains some serious graphic content. please skip over it if you are uncomfortable, or too young to read.

thanks ;)

-

Still half asleep, I press the "L" button in the elevator, and lean against the left side of it as it descends down the hotel.

I start to wonder what the hell Ethan could possibly want at 2:54 in the morning.

I rub my eyes as the elevator doors slide away from each other, revealing the dark lobby. It has an eerie feeling, considering the fact that nobody is down here and it's almost completely dark. The only light that is provided are the few lamps on side tables that are turned on throughout the lobby. I squint my eyes in an attempt to see a bit better.

I exit the elevator and trot over to a lounge area, filled with fancy couches and chairs. I glimpse down at the smooth, marble flooring beneath me on my way, still not completely used to the fanciness of the hotel.

I scan the lobby for Ethan, but don't see him anywhere. I shrug to myself and take a seat on one of the many couches, deciding that I'm too tired to try and search for him. I glance over at the large front desk, and am somewhat surprised when I don't see anyone working there. Maybe they're taking a break.

I suddenly feel two hands on my shoulders and smile when I feel a kiss on the top of my forehead.

"Hiii, baby," Ethan coos into my ear.

I smile and lean against his arm before turning around to face him. 

"Were you not even going to try to look for me?" He grins.

"I was too tired. You know it's three in the morning, right?"

He chuckles lightly before removing his hands from my shoulders and walking around to join me on the couch.

"Yes, I do," he whispers, "but I couldn't sleep."

I tilt my head, admiring his sleepy face and messy bed hair.

"Why?" I ask.

I reach over to grab one of his hands, and begin to twiddle with his fingers. I love his hands.

"Too much on my mind." He eventually replies.

I look into his eyes, granting him a small smile. 

"Well, let's talk about it, then," I suggest, suddenly waking up a bit.

He perks up, shifting in his position next to me. He lifts his legs onto the couch and crosses them, facing me completely.

"I guess I'm just nervous about the wedding tomorrow, I don't know." He shrugs.

"I am too." I admit.

"I just want everything to go smoothly for my mom, you know? I hope tomorrow is everything she wants it to be and more. She deserves it."

I nod.

"I agree."

He puckers his lips, looking down at our connected hands. His head hovers over them.

I realize that I am no longer playing with his hands, and he is now the one twiddling with mine. I watch as he interlocks our fingers, then releases them. Then interlocks them again, then releases them.

"Don't worry, Ethan. I promise everything will be alright. Tomorrow is going to be fun." I tell him, and mean it.

It's so incredibly sweet of him to be worried about his mom. I know tomorrow means a lot to him, too.