[thirty five - E&G's birthday party pt.3]

"So you're saying I overreacted?" I ask Lilly.

"Yes, Jessica! They're his old friends. He was probably just as surprised as you were that they were here."

I sigh.

Lilly and I both sit across from each other on the top step leading to the front door of the mansion. We walked outside to be able to hear each other better, but the blaring music is just as loud out here as it is inside.

"But, Lilly, you didn't see them... they were all covered in tattoos and piercings. The two girls barely had any clothes on- and one of them has been with Ethan before, according to Samantha."

"Jessica... they're apart of his past. He has shown you he isn't that person anymore. Trust him."

I don't know what to think.

I guess Lilly is right. I overreacted. I should have stayed with Ethan and given him the chance to explain everything. Explain everyone.

Explain Kara.

"I should go find him."

"Yes, you should. Good luck,"

"Thanks, Lil."

"No, seriously. Good luck finding him in that crowd again,"

I swat at her shoulder.

"Always making me feel better!" I say sarcastically to her as I stand up.

"Hey, that's what best friends are for."

-

I let out a breath when I find Grayson.

I feel bad for interrupting his current conversation with Davis, but I need to find Ethan and I know Grayson doesn't mind.

"Hey Jessica! How's the party been for you so far?"

"Pretty good," I lie, "how about you?"

"Good." He grins.

I smile at Davis and he smiles back with a small wave.

"Is everything okay?" Grayson examines my expression.

Davis looks off into the distance, allowing Grayson and I to talk privately. Thanks, Davis.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just looking for Ethan." I force a smile.

"Oh yeah, I told him to go talk to Nate and all of our best friends," he says sarcastically.

I laugh.

"I can't believe our mom would invite them. I know she thought she was doing something nice for us, but she could've at least talked to us first." Grayson shakes his head.

"Yeah, they're definitely the odd ones out,"

"Tell me about it. I told Ethan to go tell them to leave. They really don't need to be here, they only ever stir up trouble. I managed to get away from them back in New Jersey, but, you know Ethan... he stayed with them." Grayson shakes his head.