[twenty five - "hell"coming pt.1]

Today is the homecoming dance.

I should be incredibly excited, especially since I've been looking forward to going with Ethan so much, but I am definitely struggling to be the least bit enthusiastic about it.

"Why?" You may ask.

Ethan and I's original plan was for us to go the dance with Lilly and her date, Davis. I had managed to talk him into going with them instead of just showing up alone, which he was hesitant about at first. I was so excited and so happy that everything was falling right into place.

But, Anne had other plans.

"You two should just ride there with Grayson and Samantha! We could even rent a limo for you four, and have pictures here before you take off!"

Ethan and I immediately looked at each other.

"Mom, we already have plans." Ethan told her.

"Oh, c'mon. You need to go with your brother and Samantha, it would be perfect!"

Not only was Anne simply not taking no for an answer that day, but Ethan and I decided we just couldn't let her down. I couldn't imagine letting Anne down, she's way too sweet and fragile. After only a little more persuasion from her, we gave in. And it was a done deal before Ethan and I could do anything about it.

So, here I am, on my way to Ethan's house, about to have to endure a night of inevitable awkwardness. Every time I think of Grayson, Samantha, Ethan and I all crammed into a limo next to each other I cringe. There is no telling where this night is going to go.

Ethan and I had a brief conversation about it yesterday, though, which made me feel a lot better.

"Jess, I can tell it's been bothering you. I can really talk to my mom if you don't want to go with Samantha," he said as he reached over the middle of the car and rested his hand on my thigh.

"No, it's fine. I want to do it for Anne."

He forced a smile at me.

"I'll be right there with you the entire time. I promise she won't try anything, and if she does, we'll leave. Simple as that."

I rested my hand on top of his.

"Thank you."

And that was that. I am obviously not as chill about it as I was acting in front of Ethan, though. I think Samantha is a cold-hearted bitch who needs to back off-

Okay, I need to calm down.

I have decided to entire the night with an open mind and be as mature as possible. It's just so hard with the thought of Samantha and Ethan together on my mind...

This night is going to be terribly awkward, who am I kidding.

I feel nauseous as I pull into Ethan's driveway, and I almost lose it as I see the limo parked at the end of the road.

I take a deep breath and smooth out the end of my dress before getting out of my car. A friend of my mom's, Poppy, fixed my hair up into a weird half up-half down hairstyle, which, I have to admit, I love. My hair is curled all throughout with some sticking out of the up-do. My long, brown hair compliments my black dress and "completes the look," according to my mom. Poppy also did my makeup, which looks good, but I feel as if I have a Halloween mask on. I never wear this much makeup.

I just hope Ethan likes it.

I smile as I look down at my phone to see that Lilly texted me.

Good luck! I'll see you right when you get there! Love ya.