[twenty six - "hell"coming pt.2]

I feel broken inside. I feel absolutely, completely, entirely broken as my eyes capture the sight. I turn around, not being able to look any longer.

A sudden wave of regret hits me, and I already feel the tears building up in my eyes.

And then, another wave hits me even harder than the first. But it's not sadness, or guilt, or even sorrow. It's anger. Pure rage.

I turn around once again and rush over to Ethan and Samantha, but I watch as Ethan pushes Samantha off of him.

"What the fuck? Why did you do that?"

"Oh, come on, what are you talking about-"

"Just shut up. Fuck, just shut up."

Ethan brings his hand up to his lip and rubs it intensely.

I rush over to them, not knowing what to say, or do.

At first, I turn to Ethan, but after watching the after-kiss interaction, I don't think he has anything to do with this.

"You bitch... you fucking bitch," I start at Samantha, but cant find any words. My anger is too large for me to fathom anything, really.

Samantha gasps, throwing her arms against her chest and backing away. She then scoffs, running one hand through her perfectly-styled hair.

"Oh my... god! This is an actual complete misunderstanding, I don't know how I managed to-"

"What do you mean? I just watched you kiss my boyfriend!"

"No, Jessica, I wouldn't do that to you. I swear I thought it was Grayson! I swear!"

"Oh, shut up, I can't believe-"

"I'm not kidding! I can barely see anything in here, it's so dark! I just walked up and kissed him, it was meant as a surprise 'thank you' for Grayson for taking me here, but, oh my god, Ethan, I'm so sorry! Jessica, I'm so sorry!" Samantha looks terrified as she continues to run her hands through her hair.

I am too angry to decide whether or not I believe her, so I am happy when Ethan interjects.

"Come on, Jess."

Ethan wraps his arm around my waist to lead me out but Samantha tries to stop him by reaching out and grabbing his arm."

"I really am sorry-"

"Don't," Ethan simply says to her as him and I finally walk out of the room.

Once we're alone in one of the hallways, Ethan reaches over to me to wipe my tears. His thumb slowly drags under my eyes to collect the wetness.

"Jess," he breathes, "please tell me you're okay."

I sniffle a bit, but immediately wrap my arms tightly around Ethan's torso. I cry only a bit into his chest, but quickly am able to pull it together.

"I promise you," he shakes his head, "I promise you none of that was me. She came up to me out of nowhere, and randomly kissed me like that,"

"I know. I know it was all her." I say, hoping that I am right.

Ethan squeezes me harder as my head lays against his chest. His hand runs through my hair gently to calm me down.

"If it makes you feel any better, I do think she told the truth. She wouldn't just randomly kiss me like that, especially since she knows I'm with you."

I nod against his chest.

He pulls away slightly to place his hands on both sides of my cheeks, and looks deeply into my eyes. His thumb continues to rub small circles over my cheek.