[thirty three - E&G's birthday party pt.1]

"I cannot wait for this party, everyone has been talking about it at school," Lilly talks from across the room as she continues to fix her hair.

"Yeah, it should be really fun. It'll be nice to have a change from all the bonfire parties, too."

"Yeah, definitely."

I place two different dresses on my bed, smoothing them out in the process. I can't decide which one to wear.

"You must be especially excited, since it's your boo thang's party!"

I turn to Lilly, furrowing my brows at her.

"Boo thang?"

"Yeah. And I'm sure he's excited to see you there in one of those dresses, because damn..."

I stifle a laugh. Lilly is too much sometimes.

"Shut up."

"I want to look good too, so do you mind curling my hair?"

I sigh.

"Sure, I guess-"

"And will you do my makeup?"

Lilly glances over at me and clasps her hands together, desperately begging.

"Fine."

Lilly smiles before yelling "yayyy" a bit too loud.

"Alright, which one?" I ask her, pointing to the two dresses on my bed.

The first is dark red and a little shorter than most dresses I own. It cuts just above my knees and has a very silky material. The other is purple, and a lot longer. I'm favoring towards the red dress, but it's far out of my comfort zone.

"The red one, obviously." Lilly says.

I take another long look at the two dresses in front of me.

"I don't know if I can pull that one off, Lil."

"Jessica, you can pull off anything. That dress will look great on you!" She exclaims.

Lilly drops the hair brush onto the dresser in front of her before walking over to my bed and picking the dress up by the hanger. She lifts it up and places it against my chest, trying to get a glimpse of what it would look like if I had it on.

She grins widely.

"Ethan will love this dress,"

"I don't know... I would feel much more comfortable in the purple one,"

"Jessica, I love you, but it's about time you start taking chances."

I sigh again.

"Hey, I have a boyfriend, now. That's progress,"

"I guess you're right," Lilly laughs.

She then looks at her phone to check the time and gasps.

"We need to start getting ready! The party is in two hours,"

"Alright. Let me get the curling iron."