[fifty four - new jersey wedding weekend pt.4]

"Go talk to her!" I swat at Grayson's arm.

Still hiding behind the corner of the building in front of him, he takes a deep breath and shakes his head. I have never seen him look so nervous.

It's adorable.

"I don't know, Jessica. It's been so long," he rubs the back of his neck.

"Oh, c'mon, Grayson!"

I roll my eyes and push him from behind, encouraging him to walk towards the coffee shop. He hesitates a bit at first, leaning back against my arms to make it harder for me to force him, but eventually gives in.

"Alright, alright, I'm going."

He takes only a few steps away before turning back around to face me, shooting me a look. I laugh as he walks away again, and turns back again.

"I don't know if I can do it-"

"Don't be so nervous!"

"I have to go with you to pick up the cake anyways-"

"Grayson, I can take care of it. I can literally see Peter's bakery from here,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm positive."

"But, then, you have to take it to the venue, near the lake-"

"Grayson, I promise you, I can handle it. All you need to do is walk straight into that coffee shop, and talk to the girl who is probably dying to talk to you, too. You deserve to be happy,"

The last part comes out as a bit of a confession, but I don't regret saying it at all. Grayson deserves all the happiness in the world. He has been nothing but amazing to me since the day we met.

He smiles, then rushes over to give me a quick hug.

"Thank you, really." He says into my shoulder, and I chuckle a bit as I wrap my arms around him.

"You're welcome. Now, go!" I playfully shove at his chest, and he finally walks away and disappears into the coffee shop.

I can't help but linger around the corner a bit so I can watch to see what happens. I eagerly watch as Grayson slowly walks through the front doors of the shop, and am suddenly thankful that there are so many clear, glass windows in downtown New Jersey. He makes his way through the shop, looking around a bit at things, and I can tell he's stalling.

But, then, he finally does it. He walks over to her, and when she notices him, her face immediately lights up. She covers her mouth with her hands in awe and scoots out of her booth, excited to see him. Grayson doesn't look as nervous anymore as soon as his arms wrap around her. I smile to myself as I continue to watch their long embrace. Elena's smile grows wider as she hugs him, obviously happy to finally be in his arms again.

I'm so happy for him. I hope she realizes how lucky she is to have someone like Grayson.

Suddenly, my phone begins to ring, snapping me out of my Grayson and Elena daze. I slip my phone out of my pocket and grin when I see Ethan's name across my screen. I press the 'accept' button and raise the phone to my ear.

"Hiii," I coo into the phone as I finally leave the corner and walk towards Peter's Bakery.

"Baby," his deep, raspy voice echoes from his side of the line.

I know that voice, and I know that he just woke up from his nap. His voice is so, so sexy when he's sleepy, and I love it so much.

"Yes?" I smile.