Seven

"Where's Kelsey?" I say, looking at the cast in the seats as we rehearse. She has a line that she didn't say. One of the few that isn't singing.

"We'll talk after." Tommy says. He tells one of the swings to take her place and I can't help but worry.

"Where is she?" I ask again at the end of rehearsal.

"Her costume was lose. They needed to fix it but it needs to be ready for tonight."

"Why is it lose?"

"You know that costume has some complications. It wasn't as well made as the rest."

"Oh. Okay. Good."

"Do you think she should be performing?"

"What do you mean? She seems happier then when I first met her. She's doing very well."

"Well, than okay."
-
"Do you like playing with Kelsey's hair?" I ask Sebastian as I lift him up.

"Thanks for watching him, guys. I had to handle that and V isn't here to get him yet."

"Yeah, no problem." Carleigh and Kelsey say.

"Carleigh, I know you already said you would be here but why are you here so early, Kelsey?" She looks like she's thinking about an answer but then she just shrugs. I sit down with Sebastian in one of those foldable chairs. She looks a little but different. Sebastian reaches for my hair but it isn't long enough. Now theres something you don't hear everyday when it comes to my hair.

"So what's going on?"

"What?" She asks, nervously

"Like, what did you do last night?" She looks at Carleigh.

"I enjoyed a night off. I needed that."

"What about you?"

"Um, I went on a date." Kesley says, walking to the vanity.

"Oh, really. How was it?"

"Okay. What did you do?"

"I went out with Vanessa. Italian food. Pretty good." She smiles and nods, organizing her things. "You sure that date went well? You look a little on edge." She shrugs, no longer smiling, her arm crossing her stomach as she stands, insecurely.

"Kelsey." Carleigh says. "I've seen that stand before."

"What do you mean?" She says, dropping her arm.

"You didn't." She says, standing up.

"What?"

"She didn't answer her phone last night either. You had sex." She turns back to the mirror.

"I did not."

"Kelsey!" Kelsey grabs her phone and a theraband, ready to leave.

"I didn't." Carleigh looks at me and shakes her head. "I saw that."

"Come on. Tell us." She pokes her stomach and she steps away, looking almost scared. When Carleigh see's her face, hers soften.

"Fine. I did. Happy?" She turns away but Carleigh grabs her arm and turns her back around.

"What's wrong? Kelsey. Kelsey will you tell me? Did something go wrong?"

"We won't repeat anything." I say, putting Seb in his seat and standing up. She shakes her head.

"My dad used to-" she doesn't say anything else. And she doesn't need to. I wrap my arms around her as Carleigh rubs her back. She shakes, crying, probably not ever thinking she would ever say this to anyone here, especially me.

"Lin, I need-" Tommy stops in the doorway and falls silent. He nods and steps out of the room with a sympathetic look. She backs away, wiping her eyes with the heel of her palm. Good thing she wore almost no make up this morning so mascara doesn't smudge everywhere.

"You don't have to perform tonight. We'll have a swing perform, okay?" She nods.

"Thank you." Carleigh puts her arm around her shoulder. You have to be tough in this business, but we're human, she's young, and has one sad story. I look at Sebastian. He's asleep. Good.
-
A/N- does this suck?

I DONT WANNA STUDY