Ninety-two

I bite my lip, watching him lead me in front of him in the video playing on my phone while I wait for the plane. I step to the other side of him and drop. He puts his arm under me and his other swoops under my legs so I'm in a cradle.

Oh, it was even worse than I thought. I thought that it would be in the background but of course eyes get drawn to the falling girl.

At least it's a home video, though illegal, not showing a clear image of me.

"You saw that video too?"

"What?" I ask, looking behind me at a man with dark hair in his twenties.

"Of the girl that passed out."

"You saw it?"

"It was on my twitter feed. Some people are wondering about her. I mean, it's not everyday that someone passes out on stage in a tony award winning musical."

"So you like musicals."

"I do." He says, sitting next to me. "I'm from New York originally and my mom played cast albums and took me to see them whenever she could. Her interest became mine. What about you?"

"Yeah. I like them. I'm from New York too. Manhattan."

"Like most people in New York are."

"That's very true."

"What do you do for a living?"

"I'm an actor."

"Oh, really? What are you in?"

"Hamilton."

"In Chicago?" He asks, skeptically. I nod.

"Now your messing with me."

"You don't have to believe me."

"Tell her that I hope she's alright. That was Kelsey, right."

"How do you know that?"

"I heard her name a few times. You know, with her dad being let out of jail. That was so stupid of them to let her out, don't you think?"

"Do you know what she looks like?"

"No. I intend to find out 'cause my little sis really looks up to her. She heard about what she'd been through and it really motivates her since our dad passed recently."

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"They were closer than we were. My mom got married right before I moved out. And I never met my biological dad so It doesn't bother me too much."

"Still. That's tough."

"So do you know kelsey well?" He asks, taking out his phone.

"Not really."

"Oh." I watch the plane take off outside. The first of the day since it's so early.

"So, we have a while left. Wanna get some coffee, Kelsey."

"I never say no to coffee." He laughs. "My name. Right." He laughs and turns his phone to me. I see my headshot in the page.

"You should have said something."

"I figured you might figure it out in time if you did end up searching. And if not then there was no harm."

"I guess. Lets get coffee."
-
Lins POV
"Sup." The girl at the door says when I open it.

"I haven't seen you in month and months and all I get is a sup."  I grab her and pull her to me, hugging her tight. Her body yet again feels tiny in my arms. The first thing she does when something goes wrong is stop eating. I hate that.

"Why did you collapse on stage last night." She pulls back and looks at me.

"So you know."

"I have been asked twice if you are dead."

"Oh, did you tell them yes?"

"You can do that."

"I can't. I'm dead."

"Chicago made you more sarcastic."

"It made me like caffeine and satire."

"You always liked satire."

"Yes, but here it's clear because you know how my life used to suck, but since they only know what was in the article, they don't see just how sad half of the things I say are and it's awesome. Well, it was but you know. Anyways, where's Seb?"

"With Vanessa. They'll be back for dinner."

"Okay. So how's everything going."

"You know everything there is to know since you make me just talk about literally everything because you don't even speak. And when you do, it's irrelevant rambling with no curve."

"It's a ninety mile road. Yes. That's when I have caffeine. I've become a lot more simple. I'm all or none depending on my coffee intake.

"Okay, Ms.bipolar." What? How did he know about what I said and how could he joke about it- oh. He doesn't know. "You okay."

"Fine. I should visit Jess and see Lily before the wedding."

"Be back for dinner."

"I will. Bye."