Eight

"She's fine." I say, tossing down my bag and picking up a binder. "We'll have a swing take her place for tonight. She'll be okay."

"Lin, I've asked you at least five times, can she handle this? I so far know that she grew up an orphan, someone told me she cut herself in her teens and I just walked in on that. We can send her to therapy. I don't have a problem with that."

"She needs the job, Tommy."

"She won't lose it. Should I ask her about therapy?"

"Okay. That sound okay."

"I want her weighed too."

"You said it was the costume."

"Yeah, well I thought it was. The costume department says she is losing weight."

"Great." I say, sarcastically. Part of me asks why we had to pick her and the other part of me says, this is her chance. That she needed us to chose her and that I'm glad we did because she at least has a family now. And a good job.

The next night, she is here and in costume and she has lost some weight. She performs though and does fine as far as I can tell.

"You okay?" I ask, quietly near the entrance/exit to the wings after the show. She nods but doesn't give me the fake smile that I hate because I can see right through it.

"Good job."

"You didn't here me stumble over that set of words."

"No one noticed. It sounded fine."

"Thanks." We go backstage and I see someone in the hallway headed towards her.

"Hey, babe." He says, putting his hands around her waist.

"Randy, I said leave me alone. How did you even get in here?" I stop walking and look.

"I just told them who I was."

"Well, you have nothing to do with me." She says, pushing his hands away and turning into the dressing room.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Leaving." He turns and walks towards the exit.
-
Kelseys POV
"I have non-stop stuck in my head and I want to sing it but there's too many parts." Says Carleigh as we sit at dinner, tables pushed together.

"Tell me about it." I say. "I tried at my cousin when he told me to sing my favorite song from the show."

"How did that go?"

"I should have gone with something else."

"You have a cousin in the city?" Betsy asks.

"Yeah. He found me last year. Biological too, which is nice." They smile. Genuinely.

"I want to try that." Sasha says. "Do it with me. I need to follow you."

"Ready-

Helpless
They are asking me to leave
Isn't this enough
He will never be satisfied
Satisfied
Eyes on you
I am not throwing away my shot
Just you wait
I am alexander hamilton." We sing fairly quietly. We end up laughing.

"That was a nice try." Anthony says. "Might work better with more then two people."

"Do you ever get it in your head and you don't know what part to sing?"

"Try writing it." Lin says from the other end.

"She's completely sober, too." Anthony adds.

"I don't need alcohol to be drunk."

"You're still a kid, we can get you high on sugar." I roll my eyes. I'm not that young. The waiter brings our meals. I have a salad and water. I'm not the only one with a salad but I am the only one with just water. I eat slowly and decline Randy's calls four times. And I out it in do not disturb but it still lights up.

"Okay, who the hell is calling you?" Ariana says at one point. I laugh and put it in my pocket. We pay and all leave in a huge group. We all travel to the end of the street in one direction but then Lin, Anthony, Jazzy, and I break off in one direction. I have a coat now which is good. I pull it across my chest.

"Did you like the restaurant?" Lin asks, approaching me from the side.

"Yeah, it was good. You go there a lot?"

"Sometimes with V and Seb." I nod.

"I like your coat." Anthony says. I look back.

"Thanks." Jake left it at my door. I guess is was an 'I'm sorry I cheated on you' act of kindness.

"So are you teaching tomorrow?" Lin asks.

"Nope. I taught my last class this morning. For now."

"How was it?"

"Rough." I approach the subway station and wave to Anthony and Jazzy before going down. My card is out of money so I say goodbye to Lin but he lets me use his instead of putting money on it at ten at night. He tells me to get home safely and we go on separate trains.
-
A/N- Blaaahnehjdneu. This story isn't doing too well. I kinda wanna take it down but that means the last like three months of writing the upcoming like 100 parts were useless so I think it'll stay