Eighty-one

"Sounds- boring." Jess says. I laugh, taking another sip of my drink.

"I didn't do much, what's so wrong with that?"

"Nothing."

"Well, I'm glad to know the show went well. What do you wanna do tomorrow?"

"Tie you down so you don't leave me alone the rest of my time here."

"Sorry. Here's an idea. Come to Chicago with me, get a job there and don't leave me." She laughs.

"Sure. I'll get Jackson and Lily to come too." I laugh.

"I'm gonna miss all of you."

"Well, you still have tonight and tomorrow day with me. Let's make the most of it." Our time ere is nice. We don't do anything too exciting. We just walk around a lot, talk a lot, and enjoy the weather until I have to go to the airport.

She gives me a hug and we wipe away our tears.

Why am I doing this?

I push that thought away and go through security, waiting in the quiet airport with the other passengers.

We finally board and I'm of to Chicago.
-
Target is boring.

I came with a suitcase and had to go get my bed.

The studio apartment has my bed next to my window and kitchen on other the side, cut off by a counter, much like my old one. But the floor doesn't creek, the ceiling doesn't leak, the bathroom is a little bigger.

Now I'm at target.

I get dish towels, minimum silverware, clear drinking cups, minimum plate and bowls, a throw pillow to make my blue blanket less sad, some curtains because my window lets much more light in. Mine did in the early morning but it didn't do that much. Just so that I can be in the dark when I want to. I also get sheets, and boring clothing because what the girls got wasn't cutting it for everyday clothes. I finish by getting soap and crap and get back to my apartment, setting it up. It's very empty. I have a lamp and set up the small TV on a table across from my bed that will double as a couch.

I like to save money. Leave me alone.

My last trip is food. I just get cereal, eggs, milk, a pan, nuts, and granola bars.

Lin: that's sad

Lin says when I send him a picture of it.

Kelsey: ill add more to it later.

Lin: no you won't. At least get a bookshelf.

Kelsey: i only brought five books.

Lin: get more

Kelsey: no

Lin: your so stubborn.

I find, an hour later, that he has sent books. Many books. All the ones that he didn't know what to do with. He must have sent it a few days ago.

Kelsey: fine, I'll get a bookshelf

Lin: you got them

Kelsey: yes, thank you.

Lin: np. Enjoy.

Kelsey: wait, did you just want to get rid of them.

Lin: maybe.

My phone busses just as I put it down.

Amber: now get a dog