Twenty-eight

^^my life is complete.
--
I groan and pick up my phone that's next to me on my bed, not even bothering to sit up this time.

"I already told you three times, It was all negative and you aren't gonna fucking die. Why the hell are you calling me again?"

"Um." I hear a familiar voice say.

"Shit, I did it again. Sorry Pippa."

"Um. Check your caller ID!"

"I'm so sorry." I say, laughing and sitting up. "I just assumed because someone had been calling me a lot."

"What was that whole thing about?" I hear Lin ask, also laughing a little bit.

"Great. Speakerphone." I sigh. "Ignore that."

"Kelsey, you know you can't lie to us anymore." I hear Tommy scold me, quieter because he's probably farther away.

"Trust me. You don't want to know."

"Tell me once I take it off speakerphone after this. Are you doing anything tonight?" I left an hour ago and Nick is busy with work. Not that I want him around anyways.

"Depends?" I ask like a question.

"We're having a sleepover here. A bunch of us. You wanna come?"

"Um." I think for a second. "Why not?"

"Okay, it's at eight thirty. You're going off speakerphone. What happened?"

"I don't believe you."

"Curse your instincts." Lin yells.

"Pippa! You tried to trick me."

"Sorry. Byyyee." I roll my eyes... Again, and force myself into the shower. I take a shower and then remove my smudged makeup. I put on a bra and a lose shirt over it that used to be a fitted cotton one until I lost weigh. I cheated some of it but I have gained some back. I'm eating better, but I don't want my weight to go up anymore. I just stopped trying to lose it.

It says school talent show 2009. I was fourteen and it was big. I grew into it and then I shrunk out of it. But I can still wear it and it's still actually pretty good quality. And it reminds me of some of the times I had with my friends, like this talent show where Jessica and I danced. I rolled my ankle at the end but it was all cool because we won and no one in the audience knew how much it actually hurt when I stumbled out of my aerial.

I brush my hair and put on some jeans and concealer. Nick buys my concealer for me because he is half the reason I use it and if I run out, he's smart enough to know that my fellow workers will look at him to see why I have unexplained bruises. I have to pay for the one I keep at the theater, my schooling, and the rent, but I'm left with extra money. I guess he's just saying that he's sorry by doing that. Or he's just worried that I won't chose to spend my money on concealer. Then I put on my usual basic eye shadow and crap but not a lot because I need to sleep and my makeup is typically subtile anyways.

I do two hours of work after, cramming my brain with everything on the screen. Before stopping. I've gone thorough it pretty fast. I guess because it distracts me. Then I put on a coat and a few things on my bag and put my hair in a ponytail. I head out the apartment, sure to shut off the lights and lock the door. I start towards the subway when a man grabs my arm.

"Ma'am. Do you have any money?" I reach into my pocket and hand him two dollars. "Thank you." I smile and nod before walking again.

"Kels." I hear a voice say. "So you've got some money on you."

"Not anymore." I say, ignoring Jason who leans against the brick wall. My stomach churns. Just get past him.

"You're in some big show now. You've got money. Come on back. You've got the money for some."

"I don't do drugs anymore." He stands up, wobbling as he makes his way to his feet. One of the street lights flickers and goes off. The street is darker.

"I'll hit you up with some. For free." I speed up, passing him but he grabs my arm. "Kelsey." I can see the needle in his hand.

"I don't want it."

"But it's free." He tries to take my coat off but I don't let him, pulling away, lucky my coat stays on. "Don't you want an escape?"

"No." I say, stepping off the curb. He follows me. "Leave me alone."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I don't want to be-" a car screeches, pushing me to the ground as it stops. Why did it have to stop. He rushes towards me. It hurt, but it wasn't that bad. It just knocked me over.

"Here. It'll take the pain away." I kick him and the next thing I feel is a kick to my gut. I force myself to my feet and sprint away as fast as I can, two subway stations away. I get on it and notice him on the other end, headed towards me. He will not leave me alone. He'll do anything for a costumer. He grabs onto my arm and I push him away with my foot, making him drop the needle.
He pushed me into the wall so I hit my head and fall down as he drops to find the needle. I'm only able to get up when the train happens to come to a stop and some people on the cart pull Jason back and someone stopping me from falling.

"Thank you." I say, grab Jason, rushing off, and make sure he won't stick it in me because I push him headed of me so that we only touch for a moment.

"So now you want it?"

"I'll do it myself."

"Okay. Fine." I pull up my sleeve and reach for it. He lets it go and I sprint off with it.

"Hey! Bitch." I guess I have to take the longer route to the theater from my apartment from now on. I keep running, burying the needle in the dirt that I find as I see someone running. I sprint right to the theater and through the stage door, shutting it and sliding to the ground.
-
A/N- not the best way to dispose of a needle but it's a story.

Shoutout to HamiltonHipster for the recent votes.