Sixty-nine

Last night Candace and Samantha came over to Ambers and we played a few games. They seem really nice and I guess I would call them friends. Amber told me that she's sure she will see me again and we all added each other on snapchat to keep in touch.

The games we played were followed by dances when we pushed the coffee table aside.

They're all great dancers. They told me I was but I disagreed and thanked them anyways. Dance is my strong point because I enjoy it more than singing, though I love both. Acting is my least favorite part of musical theater but I still like it.

I wished them luck with their show and hopped back on a plane to New York. Andy got a lot done during the trip where I just assisted a few classes. I got to meet some of the ensemble though and get some work done on the way back. Opening night of Shallow rivers, the musical I choreographed is this Saturday. The theater seemed really nice when I was there the day before leaving. We only saw it. We don't get to rehearse until tomorrow because there has been another show there. Hiding it from Lin will be a little harder. Vanessa got tickets for Sunday and said that Lin is gonna see it. I don't know if he's gonna be mad that we lied to him. I couldn't pass it up. I only learned of this this morning and now Andy wants to see it too. It's only playing two weeks and then the theater goes to another company for a while.

"Kelshey." Seb says aa I lift him up.

"He missed you." Lin tells me. "So did I."

"It was two days."

"I know. What am I gonna do when you leave?" I laugh. "Hungry? Vanessa made pasta."

"Yum, carbs." He laughs.

"Well, you better eat it."

"Oh, trust me, I need the energy. Why is flying so tiring?"

"Now you know my pain whenever I have to travel. Wait till your on a national tour." I laugh as Vanessa takes Seb and sets him down for dinner.

"Yeah, that's probably never gonna happen."

"Well, Hamilton's gonna tour sometime. Maybe you'll be in it." Before I can say anything, he heads to the table, ready for dinner. I hear about the shows and an interview and Vanessa's work but Lin is anxiously waiting to hear about Chicago.

"The girls were really nice. And talented. I met Amber, Samantha, Justice, and Candace. And the classes had a ton of amazing dancers." They asks a few questions and I give brief answers. I give Seb a bath as Vanessa cleans up and Lin goes to work and then I do the dishes when they are done.

"You're such a help." Vanessa says once she returns to find that I've done them.

"It's no problem. You let me stay here."

"Well, you don't have to do half the things you do. Are you excited for the show?" She asks, sitting down on the couch, Sebastian between us.

"Yeah but I have to be there to block it and it's gonna be tiring."

"It'll be worth it."

"Will Lin be mad?"

"Not once he sees it."

"You haven't seen it. It could be awful."

"I'm sure it's not and Lin knows you need to take an opportunity when you have one in this business."

"Thanks, Vanessa."

"No problem."

"Seb, you tired?" I say to him as he starts to fall asleep. I bring him to his room and Lin comes in to finish putting him to bed.