Fifty-four

"I wouldn't imagine it half of the time." Tommy says. "I would now. But an hour ago, I wouldn't have." We haven't said anything about her all day. But now concerns that this is exactly what happened last time are coming as she sleeps, soullessly in the corner of a room on the floor.

"She did that during rehearsals." Emmy says. "A lot." That is true. That was because she never slept then. During breaks, she would sometimes totally crash. She's a light sleeper, but she was exhausted so when she woke up, we feared that she would just fall off the stage or structures. She never did and always worked hard, despite seeming like we had brought her back from the dead sometimes when we tried to talk to her.

"Is she alive?" Andy asks, glancing where we are looking as he approaches us.

"Somewhat." I say.

"Hey, Kelsey!" Emmy says.

"What?" She calls back.

"You're awake?"

"Now I am."

"Oh, sorry. I've never met anyone that wakes up that fast." She glances over at us, pushing herself to sitting.

"I'm not normal."

"No, you aren't."

"Are you assisting me tomorrow?" Andy asks, hopefully. She looks at me.

"Sure, why not. But you're taking over the snapchat story." I say.

"What?"

"Yeah. Since you're here anyways and your around us all."

"Is that alright?" Tommy asks.

"Um, yeah, I guess." She begins pushing herself to her feet before sitting back down.

"Okay, I forgot how sore you can get from ballet." We chuckle at her as Emmy grabs her hand and pulls her to her feet.
-
Kelseys POV
"I don't know how to do this thing!" I tell Lin as he zips his bag.

"Say who you are and all. You've seen them before." I sigh as he says goodbye and leaves. I finally just decide to go for it.

"Hi, I'm Kelsey and I'm taking over the Hamilton snapchat." I say to the camera. "I'm not in the show but I was for several months and I'll be backstage today." It ends and I post it, as well as another clip just like everyone else has. I get dressed and post picture of my unpacked bag before I put my shoes and stuff in it and get on the subway, headed to the class. Andy taught my the combination yesterday and it's me and three others that I don't know. It's a lot of fun actually. I demonstrate on the small stage at the front and I get to see a bunch of kids dancing. I post like two things. I'm failing.

"Well, we are several hours into this and I have four things on this because I suck at using social media, but I will try to do better." I say, walking to the studio, looking like a freak for talking to my phone.

"I really suck at it." I say. Jessica laughs, taking my phone. She gets a video of me and Aden spinning. I introduce Jessica and then Aden.

"So I said I would answer questions and I will so..."

"Are you coming back to Hamilton?"

"Possibly."

"And when?" I shrug and she laughs at my vagueness. I start another video. "Who's your favorite person in the cast or character in the show." She says.

"I love the whole cast. My favorite character is... Hmm. Phillip or Eliza." I start a last one.

"Singing, acting, or dancing?"

"Dancing. Well, I'm gonna get back to, you know, dancing." I give a thumbs up, put my phone away, and let Jessica test choreography on Aden and I, as well as Lilly, someone who I meet today when she comes in and is really nice. I get a smoothie with them afterwards and low key get to see Jackson. We greet quickly in the shop and decide to meet properly soon. I'll tell Vanessa bit not Lin. He forgets my age too often. He thinks I'm eleven sometimes. I post a picture of Jessica, Lilly, and I's smoothies and get tagged in a few tweets saying I should eat some real food. I decide to delete twitter for a few days. It's not that there are many people saying this, I just hate twitter. And social media. Which is why this day is so hard.

"And now to..." I flip the camera to the theater that I'm walking towards. "Hamilton!" I go and sit with Anthony and Oak who are coloring. I draw and Anthony ends up just watching me. I get lost in thought, forgetting he or anyone else is here, weather it be the two of them or people coming, going, or passing. I'm focused on each individual line and shade. Time probably goes fast. It always does when I draw, but I don't feel much like looking at the time and just keep going, not processing the picture as a whole, even when I look at it as a whole. I continue to let my eyes be drawn to the sections that I need to fill or clean. I come to finally see that it's a girl looking straight forward, so close that her hair is partially cropped off and detailed hands wrap around her neck.

I guess all those classes and after school sessions helped a little. I really like drawing but not so much the well drawing part, but the creating. I often feel an urge to create.

"That's amazing, Kelsey." I jump at the sound of Carleigh's voice and she looks surprised by my reaction when I look back after turning the page over.

There are several people in the room now.

"Thanks but you scared me!" I tell her. She laughs, pulling me into a hug when I stand.

"We really did. You look like a ghost." I look at Lin and take my phone back.

"How did you even get in my phone?" I glance at Carleigh.

"The world will never know." She says with a shrug, walking away.

"So you're trying to make plans with Jackson."

"You really don't understand privacy."

"It showed up at the top of your screen. I didn't open it. I was busy putting you drawing on snapchat. Don't take it down. You can't even tell what the drawing was off from the angle." I hit him lightly on the arm and turn back, throwing my arms up in defeat when I see that Anthony has it. When did he get dressed? What time is it?

"Performers, fifteen minutes until the show begins. Fifteen minutes. "  A voice says over the speakers.

"Get dressed." I yell at Leslie who is walking in as Renée and Jazzy walk out.