Twenty-nine

I walk towards the stage where voices are coming from, glancing at the time. 9pm. I guess the running took a lot of time because I only went one stop on the subway and then I sat there for a good couple of minutes. I still haven't recovered but maybe I can appear it. I feel bad being late.

"Hey." I say, smiling and approaching Carleigh. Although I only said it to her, everyone looks.

"Oh, you came." A voice from behind me says. Lin. "I thought you'd dit-" I turn to him and he stops. "Why are you bleeding?" I put my hand up to the spot of my head that aches the most. My temple.

"Oh. I just got hit by a car." I say, not realizing how casual it comes out, or that it's even coming out at all.

"What!" Practically the entire cast yells.

"No, I'm fine. It was stopping. I was just trying to get away from someone and I stepped in the stre- I mean- shit. Sorry." I turn away from him and hurry up to the bathroom and locking the door. I find bandaids under the sink, clean the blood and see that it's blue and red. I bandage it an sigh. So much for seeming okay. I pull out my elastic because my hair is a mess and It covers my bandage slightly better this way. Then I head back to the stage, apprehensive. Again, they all look at me. Lin walks back over to me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine now."

"I don't believe you." But he doesn't say anything more and lets me go join Carleigh.
-
"She can't sleep through a sleepover. It's only nine forty five." Hear a voice say but coming out of my sleep, I don't recognize it yet. I can feel my knees pulled to me and my head resting on my folded arms, leaning against the pole next to me.

"But she's so cute."

"And she was hit by a car!"

"What do you think happened?" I make out Lin's voice. I want to listen more but my chest tightens and my muscles revolt. I "wake up" coughing because I can't help but cough. Someone is beside me in a second. I'm in the wing. I remember sitting here before. I make it out to be Lin.

"You alright?" I nod.

"What are you doing here and not with everyone else?" He looks behind him. About ten people stand there. "Well, shit, that's awkward." He laughs and gives me a hand up, leading me on the stage with them and the five people still there. Not everyone came but a lot of us did. We sit in a circle and begin a game of truth or dare. It's quite fun actually, even as adults.

Lin has to do cartwheels, Betsy has to run around the theater yelling things we tell her to, and many other things. Thayne dares me to eat a cookie.

"Wow. Devastating." I joke before taking a bite. Everyone knows why he did that and the cookie isn't big so I do so. When It gets back around, I chose truth. Why? I don't know. It was dumb. I know before I'm asked.

"Did you have sex with Nick?" Could be worse.

"That's private." I defend myself.

"Ohh." The cast sings. Shit. I should have just said that I didn't.

"Oh, grow up." I tease.

"It's a rule. You have to answer. But. I will give you an alternative question." She looks at Lin.

"What happened on your way here?" He asks.

"Okay, you guys already know I had sex after that so yeah. Let's move on."

"Kelsey." Lin puts his hand to his chest.

"No! You're the baby. You couldn't. I refuse to accept this." Thayne says. I roll my eyes. Wow, I do that a lot these days. Luckily, we do move on. And the night actually gets fun but then we play never have I ever and that game escalates quickly. Lin is the only reason it doesn't get too bad. I clap quietly each time before I put my finger down but people keep looking so I start lying and then leave to get some water and join Pippa and Jazzy because they are at the table, eating cupcakes. At this point, I don't think anyone in the cast is holding onto that view of me being too innocent and I don't like that. I wanna remain seemingly innocent and I wanna stop lying to protect that, even if it's gone. I get a glass of water and sit down next to Pippa, listening to them talk for a while.

We then sing karaoke and I just watch. Most of them are funny since we all know each others voices so well. We play freeze dance. I take myself out as it thins out because I'm not comfortable. But Lin physically pushed me back in.

"Just spin or something." I do as he says, so six, and stop turning when the music stops, bit don't come off relivé and balance. When it starts again, I pull myself around again with my stomach muscles and land in fourth position. Hold on." Lin says. "How?" He says, shaking his head.

"You pull up." I do a leg extension and of course it stops while my leg is up.

"Freaky." He says. We can all hold our legs up. Mine is near my head so maybe that's why it impresses him. I'm sure everyone here can hold it that high though. "You both moved. Kelsey wins." I drop my leg and put my arms up in victory. "That is why you never quit." He says to everyone.

"Ow."

"It wasn't fair. She did quit." Jonathan teases.

"Hold on." Andy says, running out of the wing. I guess he stayed late and ended up watching. "Leg." I let him lift the one that I didn't just use and he pushes it up by my head, his other hand on my shoulder. He lets go, telling me to hold it, and I do. Then he grabs back on, lowers it, and pushed my heel forward and my hip to the side so I do an arabesque. He holds my shoulder again and lifts my leg up higher. He lets go of my leg and I hold it as high as I can. It drops slightly, but stays high up. I feel it pinch my back and Andy grabs back on, helping me turn so that my leg is in front of me. He pushes it the the point that I am staring at my leg straight ahead of me and then lets go and it only drops a little. "Kelsey wins." I drop my leg.

"I win what? Sore muscles?"

"Wow." I hear Lin say, putting his phone down. We play a few more games and my social media blows up. I glance at my phone as it buzzes.

"I posted a video of it and tagged you." Lin says.

"Why are so many people up at three." I say, picking it up. "Time zones?" I have one hundred more followers on twitter. I see the post.

Tonight, we discover that @Kelseymemmot doesn't have bones.

This post is amongst others from the night. I look- not okay. Worse than I thought. I thought I looked fine now that I'd gained a few pounds. I guess I have to gain a few more pounds. Ugh. I don't want to. I like some of the posts from the night as they set up a screen. We don't watch a movie just yet. Instead, we watch Pippa rap and beatbox, Anthony do ballet, a few people perform their routines and songs from when they were little, some hidden or special talents, and a few people do some gymnastics.

I do a side aerial, step in, back handspring, step out. I'm not the best tumbler but I have a few skills. The others do harder skills.

The ones of us doing it are going in a line and I do a front aerial, which is scary because of the shirt that I wore and the memories that come with it. Lin does more cartwheels and we laugh.

"Don't get hurt." We warn. We eventually get tired and eat cookies while watching a movie. I fall asleep on the stage with everyone else and Carleigh next to me as we play chopsticks.
- Shoutout to @ngc_17
Long weekend, yaaaay!