Thirty-five

The door opens and the light from the hallway shines in. She sprints in the other direction. She saw one of us from the hallway light. We chase after her, Anthony grabbing her arm on the stairs. And sprays her with silly string. She covers her face, laughing as we all catch up. There are about twelve of us spraying her at the same time. We run out and she laughs.

"I totally deserved that." She says, pulling it out of her hair.

"Yes! You did!" We all agree, some of us covered in a little spray by accident. I help her clean up afterwards in the hall. It comes off the ground pretty easily. Not too easily out of her hair. She goes and takes a shower, telling me I can leave if I want and if not, there's tea in the fridge. She drinks a shit ton of tea so I shouldn't be surprised. But rarely with sugar and if so, a single pack of truvia. She only has that type of sugar too. She stopped gaining weight back and it's a little annoying but she hasn't lost any. I receive the video and put it on twitter.

This is what you get when you hide in a locker during the smoothie "apocalypse." @kelseymemmott

The water goes off and I sip a small glass of tea, trying her strange sugar. It's pretty good but it's also good tea. A few minutes later, she comes back out.

"My bathtub is rainbow." She says, brushing her hair. "But I got it out." I laugh. "It's two in the morning. You're completely welcome to stay if you don't want to get murdered or mugged." I laugh again.

"You sure it's okay?"

"Yeah, I mean, if you die then people might say it's my fault for kicking you out." She jokes. "Yes, it's fine." She says, seriously, now.

"I'll sleep in the chair."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I can sleep anywhere."

"Wouldn't expect that from a man who walks like he's bouncing on a trampoline." I laugh again, my mind drifting.

"Kelsey?"

"Yeah."

"What am I to you?"

"What do you mean. As a person or in relation?"

"Both?"

"As a person, you're supportive, talented, selfless, and energetic. In relation. I guess, between a friend and- i don't know. Father sort of." She says, nervous to tell me that I seem like a father to her. I can tell. I smile.

"You're like a daughter. And a friend." She smiles. "Still wanna be my non legally adopted child?" She laughs. Maybe not answering is a yes. Maybe just thinking that she doesn't need to answer. She opens the cabinet. "What are those for?" I say as she grabs a few meds.

"Antidepressants and anxiety medicine." She replies, quietly. She knows that I know she has them. I just didn't know what they're for.

"Where's Nick?"

"His friends apartment."

"And who is Jackson?" She turns around and looks at me.

"God, you like to pry." She says, taking her phone from the table.

"Is that a rosary?" I ask, pointing to the beads in the window. I've got her stuck answering questions and I'm not giving up now.

"Yes."

"You know, it's a sin to use the lords name in vein."

"It's hard not to for some reason. Like, we could all just say shit, but instead we say God."

"Shit, help us all." She laughs. "Do you use your rosary?"

"Sometimes. What happened to your nail?"

"I forgot to cut it and it broke."

"Ow."

"Now I know how you girls feel." A siren goes off in the distance. She notices my eyes still on the rosary and picks it up and brings it to the counter.

"I made it in middle school. It's not great. But it does it's job." I study it and then look back up.

"It's nice."

"Thank you." She puts it back down and asks me about Sebastian and tells me that she can babysit if I need someone too. I tell stories about him until I can't sit up straight. She takes some Advil on top of her meds. I guess she's in pain. It could just be the show. She says that I can take the bed if I'd like. It fits two people but keeps you close because it's small so one of us has to sleep in the chair and I fall asleep before she can even protest.
-
A/N- I reread some if this and i made a lot of mistakes😁
Plus i was very general about a lot if stuff.

She pays bills... Yeah most people do😑