Fifty-one

I bring my hand to my aching head. I now have a headache, feel weak, and just hit my head on the ground.

"Kelsey." Phillipa says, kneeing down immediately.

"I'm fine."

"Stop saying that. You just collapsed."  I push myself back to sitting as a worker rushes over, handing Pippa one of the smoothies that she ordered. She gives it to me, telling me to drink it. I force myself to my feet and go and sit in an actual chair. She sits down on the other side of it, thanking the employee when he gives her the other two smoothies for them. She explains to Jazzy what happened when she comes in. They watch me worriedly.

"Do you always have to be so concerned?"

"Look." Says Jazzy. "You're just gonna have to deal with the fact that we worry about you. Yeah, you're an adult, but a very young one with no support from a family member, incredible potential that you keep pushing yourself away from, and you're a little mentally ill."

"Jazzy-" Pippa.

"No. I know." I say.

"I don't mean like-" Jazzy says.

"I know." I sip my smoothie, looking down at the table. Jazzy gets up and Pippa snaps in front of my face. "I didn't space out."

"You were gonna."

"I don't know why I keep doing that."

"Well, you're not eating enough for life, never mind to do what you did last night."

"I'm eating now, aren't I?"

"If you finish that, and eat half of that cookie," She says as Jazzy sits down, "then we'll treat you like an adult, again, today."

"Fine." I say as Jazzy hands me half a cookie, the other half of one to Pippa, and folds up half of the other one, eating half. I feel a little better after finishing my smoothie and then I eat half the cookie.

"Good." We go back to the bus station, singing Rent the whole way because why not?

"I've longed to discover, something as true as this is, yeah." I sing. Pippa turns to me and smiles. We continue to sing and some people gather around, clapping at the end before te bus pulls up. We get on and go back to Pippa's place.

We sit down at the table, drinking sosa when our phones buzz.

Anthony diestwice: anyone leave a few drawings backstage the other day? I don't know whose they are

Carleigh withapoof: what are they of?

Anthony diestwice: me swimming with turtles

Kelsey Reynolds: oh keep that!

"What? Pippa asks, confused, glancing at me.

"You drew Anthony swimming with turtles?" Jazzy asks.

"John Laurens. Same thing."

"Hey, I'm not dating John Laurens."

"Couldn't handle the turtles?" She rolls her eyes and laughs.

Anthony diestwice: three attachments.

The photos are of the drawings.

Kelsey Reynolds: oh, thanks for asking

Anthony diestwice: I apologize in advance. But it's really good!

One attachment.

The little girl.

"No." I call out, tossing my phone onto the couch.

"Why? Are you upset about having too many talents?" Poor Kelsey.

"I'm not talented-"

"Hey!" Pippa says. "You lost the privilege to complete you sentences. Let's play a game." She says, standing up.