Thrity-two

Lin's POV
"Hey, Anthony?" I ask, nudging him with my elbow.

"Yeah?" He asks, looking up from his phone. I can only see him out of the corner of my eye because my eyes a trained on two people.

"Is Kelsey still dating that Nick guy."

"Yeah. I think. Unless they broke up today and she seemed fine."

"Douchebag at two o'clock."  He glances over at the couple. It's definitely Nick and the girl, is no where near Kelsey. She had blond hair is taller then Kelsey and actually has curves. No offense to Kelsey. She's a stick. But a pretty stick.

I don't mean it like that! You know what I mean. (Seriously. Stop thinking that. Ew.)

I snap a quick photo for proof and it happens to be right when they kiss. I put my phone back down, disgusted. And now I have to tell Kels this.

"God, why can't she get a break!"

"What about you?"

"What?"

"You freak any time something is wrong with her."

"Watching out for her was quite the commitment. But I'm not gonna stop because It's a little hard."

"Good. I don't know as much about her and I'm just scared of well- her life and issues. I know there's a lot."

"There is. And she keeps it away from people and that just makes it worse. But hey, you've gotta love it when she smiles."

"She won't be tonight."
-
"Kelsey." Carleigh sings when she walks into the room as I eat my lunch, relieved that she's not wearing that chocker anymore. We all knew what was under it. "Your eyes are bloodshot." I didn't get a good look at her when she walked in. "You're underage." She reminds her.

"I wasn't drinking." Kelsey sings back. I see her eyes now as she sits down. She doesn't look too good.

"Then what happened?"

"Heroine happened."

"What!" I say, jumping up to my feet.

"Not like that." She says to a worried Carleigh and I. I sit back down. "I spent the night at the police station because this guy that I used to know stuck the needle in my arm."

"Oh my god."

"But then some kids and I may have knocked him out."

"I have never been prouder of you." I say. She laughs but I'm not joking.

"How was your night?" She goes onto ask Carleigh. She always limits the amount that she speaks and it drives me insane because it takes so long to learn about her or piece together a story. Thank god I came to her speech. Otherwise, I'd be putting together a puzzle with a sixteenth of the parts. Carleigh knows that she won't talk about what happened anymore and tells her a story from the night before. After a few minutes, she asks me the same thing.

"I just had dinner with Vanessa and got a drink with Anthony."

"Oh. Sounds nice."

"Also, Sebastian screamed defying gravity."

"Proud father moments."

"Very."

"That's adorable, though." She says with a smile that Anthony and I are going to have to shatter after the show tonight. Good thing tomorrow is Monday.
-
"Kelsey."

"Yeah?" She asks, turning around. "Aren't you usually at the stage door right now?"

"Can we talk to you?" Says Anthony.

"Yeah, sure." I guide her to my dressing room. "What's this about." She actually seems pretty relaxed. When I first got to know her, she asked if she was being fired. She was petrified. Now she knows that I can't technically fire her and I hope she knows that I wouldn't want to.

"Last night, Anthony and I were at a restaurant to get a drink, and I saw your boyfriend there."

"Oh." She breaks eye contact.

"He was with another girl." Anthony says. "They kissed. I'm really sorry."

"Oh." She says again, not looking at either of us. "Okay. I'll see you Tuesday." I can't tell how she feels at all.

"Kelsey." I warn before she opens the door. "I don't want you going home alone after finding that out." She opens the door and walks out anyways.
-
Kelsey's POV
My phone starts blowing up as I walk home. I'm just using this as an excuse not to answer. I'm not upset. I can't show them that, though. They'll wonder why.

"Oh my god, Kelsey it was?" I turn around. How could we meet again in times square. He must live around here.

"Yes. Jackson?"

"That is my name."

"It's nice to see you again."

"You too. Are you doing anything right now?"

"No. I'm just wandering for a while before I go home." I tell him.

"Oh. You maybe wanna get some hot chocolate or something?"

"That actually sounds really great right now."
-
A/N- So. Much. Stuff. This. Weekend.
But no SAT's 👍

Also, Amber an Carleigh at the top 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

No one probly cares but the chicago cast is part of this story but not for a while