Twenty-two

"Yuck. Math!" I laugh and click the next part. "You've been doing this for four hours!"

"Might as well get some done."

"You haven't touched your food." I glance at it.

"I forgot it was there. Oops." He closes my notebook, moves it, and puts the sandwich in front of me before sitting in the chair next to me at the dinning table. I take a bite of it.

"How is it?" I give him a thumbs up and he smiles. The bell rings and Lin gets up to answer it, telling me to keep eating. I'm sorry but I slip some in my napkin and squish it to make is smaller. Then another piece and another. I look to see him opening the door and quickly toss it in the trash.

"Kelsey!" Lin steps back and all three Schuyler sister come in.

"She needs to eat over half of that." Lin tells them. She can't get up until she does." They come over to the table and join me. I ask them about the show and how it is going while I pick at the sandwich. When they both look at Pippa and Pippa is looking at Renée, I pull a piece under the table and crush it it the other napkin I have since there is a pile on the table. Pippa looks directly at me, which makes the other two. I sigh and open up the napkin and put the piece back on the table. They go back to telling stories about the last few weeks.

"How are you feeling?" Jazzy asks me suddenly.

"Fine." She raises an eyebrow. Really. I'm fine."

"Can I ask you a question I hate to ask and you're gonna hate answering?"

"I can't tell you if I'll answer. But ask."

"Are you afraid of sex?"

"What?" I ask, caught off guard.

"Are you?"

"I mean, I've never had a good experience with it. But it's not new."

"That's what I mean. I don't want to sound rude. I just want to know if you're afraid that it will always seem that way." Pippa hits her in the arm. "Sorry. I shouldn't have asked that." I shake my head.

"I think it is ruined. Don't ever take it for granite because you still have love in it." I grab my plate and glass and go to the sink. I'm sad. But knowledgable because of it.
-
Lin's POV
"Thank god she's with you now. I was afraid something would happen." Betsy says, sitting across from me as her, Anthony, Daveed, Ariana, Alysha, Thayne, and Sydney sit around the table as well. "Lin?" She says. Reading my face.

"She almost killed herself."

"Oh my god." Sydney says.

"What happened?" Thayne asks, alert.

"She's tired of the cycle of her life. She's been raped her entire life but different men, multiple times each. It keeps coming back. I would be tired of it too. And she hasn't been around anyone in the cast and feels alone."

"Bring her here as soon as possible."

"Vanessa will as soon as her examination is over. Any minute now." We sit around, eating our food and animal crackers. Sydney eats them by the head. Vanessa walks in after about ten minutes of small side conversations, with Seb on her hip.

"How'd it go?"

"I don't know. She's an adult, they didn't have to tell me anything." There's a knock on the door and Carleigh and her enter afterwards.

"Hey, guys." I say.

"Kelsey." Ari says, hopping to her feet and rushing to hug her. I told the cast part of her childhood but not all and it still upset them like crazy. And then they found out what she almost did to herself.

"Hey, Ari."

"How have you been?"

"Fine. What about you?"

"Okay. We miss you. The dressing room isn't the same without your dance moves." She laughs. "Get anymore turns?" She shakes her head.

"I think I'm forever stuck at this."

"That's still a great number to be stuck at!"

"Thanks."

"Join us for lunch?" I ask.

"Um, sure." She sits in the empty chair next to me and Carleigh on the other side of her. I glance at her after a few minutes and it seems like she's struggling to eat her sandwich. Carleigh whispers something to her and she nods. Then she rips off another piece of her sandwich and eats it. I smile and mouth thank you to Carleigh. I'm not all too pleased with what is left at the end of lunch because It doesn't seem like she's had enough but she isn't performing. When I look at her, though, I hear what she did tell of her life after high school repeating in my head. Suicide. Eric. Stripper. Prostitute. At eighteen.

No, I'm not disgusted her for it, in fact, it just hurts me. Especially to know that she is far from the mental state she needs to be in for this job. Of course, I'll fight Tommy at every corner if he is too concerned to let her back because she's good and needs a job. Tommy cares about the show and the people in it. And she's not strong enough right now.
-
A/N- just one vote. Pleeease😂
I'm very pathetic but if you like this story at all, please let me know, even with just one click so that i don't take it down because I don't think anyone likes this story.