Thirteen

Kelsey POV
"Five, six, hit, hit. Good. That's all. You're free to go."

"Hey, Kelsey, you want to come to dinner?" Sasha asks, standing next to Carleigh. "Pippa is coming too."

"I'm not sure-"

"Come on. It'll be fun." I notice someone walk by on the side and see Lin sulking and slowly walking to the middle of the stage. I look back at them, worried.

"I got him sick, didn't I?" They look worried as well. I walk over to him.

"Are you okay?" He nods, not looking it.

"I'm a little sick but I'm okay."

"Shit. This is my fault-"

"Vanessa got sick. It wasn't you. She caught it from a friend, it's everywhere."

"You're both sick?" He nods.

"What about Sebastian?"

"He's okay right now. Can I ask you a favor though?"

"Yeah, of course."

"My parents can't watch him this weekend, could you?"

"I would love to and I really want to help him. But it's not safe. My cousin helps run a professional babysitting program, though."

"Could you give me the number please?"

"Of course. And I'm so sorry! If you guys need help with anything-"

"Thank you Kelsey. Neither of us are nearly as sick as you got. We just don't want to get him sick."

"I'll give you the number. And tell me if you need anything." He smile. "At all."

"Thanks, Kelsey."

"You should probably rest, too."

"I'm on my way out now."

"Feel better. See you."

"Bye."
-
Lins POV
I'm feeling much better on Saturday. Not so much that I'm not sick, but enough that I can function around my house just fine. I make Vanessa and I soup before realizing that Kelsey gave us some. I save that for later and give Vanessa hers in bed. We rest and the next day, Seb stays.

"Why exactly did she say she couldn't watch him? Not that he wasn't a great babysitter. She's just done very well with Seb before."

"She said that it isn't safe."

"What does that mean?"

"God, I wish I knew. You seem to like her."

"Yeah. I'm very fond of her. I can't imagine the life she's been through and I only know next to nothing about it. But she's strong."

"I'm not sure how much longer she can stay strong for. She broke down but we didn't make any progress. It could happen again at any time."

"You did think about how it was set off when someone accused her of having sex. And she did."

"She's an adult."

"She's an adolescent."

"I don't like the thought if it either but we have no control."

"What about her apartment isn't safe?"

"I don't know. I really don't Vanessa. Location maybe. I know you're concerned but you need to rest and get better. I will call and check in. Okay?"

"You need to rest too."

"I will." I leave the room to put our dishes away and then call her but no one picks up. Vanessa is asleep when I get back so I climb back in bed, wondering where she is.
-
"Yes, you're back!" I look up from the text apologizing and asking if we needed anything, and at Alex. "Feeling better?"

"Much. Did anyone else get sick." He and Tommy shake their heads. "Good. So what'd I miss?" I have to sing that last line, okay. I get to work and then go and say 'hi' to everyone in the rooms on the way to my dressing room. I stop and talk to Pippa for a while and then get ready. I don't even see some of the cast until I'm on stage, having warmed up alone. Kelsey asks me if everything was okay in intermission. It's kinda funny how she doesn't want to let me down and I'm not even her boss. She just seems terrified of everyone, which is actually really sad. It's like everyone determines her boundaries but her. I say it was all fine and ask if she was. She nods and goes back to the wing. Pippa rushes over to me.

"Did you see her eat today?" I shake my head.

"I haven't seen her at all until a minute ago."

"Okay. Thanks anyways." She looks worried. But we have a show to do.

After it, I see her eating a piece of a cookie and laughing with Neil, but somehow I'm not convinced. Why should I be?
-
A/N- why in the world am I still publishing this?😂