Eleven

Lins POV
"Holy shit." I say, watching the video off of Pippa's phone. I watch it three times.

"The girl can turn." Says Daveed.

"Like crazy." Jazzy says.

"You should have seen her after the show last week. She did some beautiful turns." We are all crammed in a room, around a table.

"Who?"

"Andy, look at this." Pippa passes him her phone.

"Is that Kelsey?"

"Yep." All heads turn to her as she walks in. She looks startled.

"I know what we can do for the ham for ham." I say. "She can turn."

"Oh." She says, getting it now.

"That'd be cool." Pippa says. A few people agree.

"I can't turn on a sidewalk." She says.

"We'll do digital."

"And it isn't very impressive, either."

"You're kidding. Bring your shoes for the next one." I say, not giving her a choice.
-
"Hello, hello, hello. Welcome to the ham4ham show. This is Kelsey Emmott, our youngest cast member! What are you going to do for us Kels?" I step away from the camera.

"Turns." A lot of the cast is in the background, watching. She preps and turns really quick. I lose count really quickly. Then she falls off of her shoe and stands on her feet, flat again.

"How many did she do?" Cast members call out numbers at once so it makes no sense. "Kelsey?"

"Fourteen."

"Wow! Good luck with the lotto." I turn to her seriously. "That's why turns were on your resume." She nods.

"Your last names Emmott?" Anthony asks. She nods. "Huh. I didn't know that." Okay then.
-
Kelsey's POV
"Hey, Kelsey." I feel someone shake me. I'm curled up on the couch, facing the back of it. I rub my eyes and sit up, feeling horrible. Ariana is sitting next to me. "You fell asleep right after you changed. They took your mic off while you were asleep. You were so tired." She laughs. I felt awful the whole show. I even didn't sing a like three or four lines in the show but I doubt anyone in the audience noticed/hope they didn't. I shoot to my feet and run into the bathroom, throwing up. I flush it immediately because barf smells bad and then I rinse out my mouth.

"Are you?" Carleigh begins to ask when she gets to the door. "Are you pregnant?" She knows I can't be but sometimes people turn out to be able to have a kid.

"I can't and there's no question about it."

"Oh." This is news to Ariana, though. She puts her hand on my forehead.

"You have a fever."
-
Lins POV
"What do you mean, she threw up? The show ended fifteen minutes ago."

"She changed, fell asleep, and when I woke her up, she threw up. She performed with a fever." I look over at Tommy who is just as surprised as me.

"She did look pretty sick backstage." Leslie says, from the other room.

"I mean, yeah, it was a rough show but not to the point where I would have guessed she was going to throw up right after." Tommy says.

"Told you she was tough." I say. "I'll help her home."

"Don't get sick, Lin."

"Tell Javi that he might have to prepare." They laugh lightly and I head downstairs where I see her collecting her things.

"I'll bring you home."

"You don't have to."

"You can't outrun thugs while throwing up."

"I can just throw up on them. They'll run." She says, looking like she regrets it after, maybe feeling worse. "I'm going to get you sick."

"I'll be fine." She puts her backpack over her shoulder and we start out commute. I text Vanessa on the subway.

L: You know Kelsey?

V: The little one?

L: ya, she's really sick. I'm bringing her home. I'll be home later or tomorrow if that's okay.

V: stomach bug?

L: fever, i think. She threw up right after the show.

V: yeah, that's fine. Take her temperature and get her a cold cloth when you get there. Even if she's cold she needs her temperature brought down.

L: okay, i will, thanks love you

V: love you too.

The subway comes to a stop and we walk up the stairs. She runs to the trash to throw up but nothing comes up, which must be painful. Dry heaves are the worst.

"I'm fine." She whispers, weakly. I really don't like where she lives. We head to her apartment near the station and up to the top floor. There's no attempt at comfort in the lobby or on the stairs. It's cold, echoes, and concrete. I'd honestly prefer creaks and an old, rough, gray, pilly excuse of a carpet. Or a gross green with pale yellow walls.

"Thanks for walking me." She says, taking out her keys.

"I'm going to help you out." I say, as she puts the key in the lock and twists it.

"I'm nineteen, I can handle myself."

"Nineteen and really sick." I say, following her into the tiny studio apartment. She flicks on the lights, which is just a lamp on her night stand. She has a small bed with a blue blanket, and white pillow, a little kitchen area on the other side, a small and old TV, and a dresser. It's small but neat and has a window looking at another building.

"Get changed and lay down." She obeys me and grabs some clothes, going into the bathroom. I hear her gaging and find her, again, not able to throw up because she has nothing in her to throw up. She washes off her make up, including her arms so I can now see the fading lines of old cuts. I make her lay down and get her a cloth like V said. She shivers a lot when I put it on her. More then she had been before. She curls up under her blanket, I'm sure already asleep. I put the cloth on the counter and walk over to her window where a few books are stacked. I find pride and prejudice on the top, from the library. I sit down and read for a while while she tosses and turns. My eyes all heavy and I turn off the light and fall asleep.

-
A/N- No Lin and Kelsey. Ew.
Father/friend/sibling relationship only!