Fifty-three

"You're great with kids, you know?" I say, setting my bag down and sitting on the chair.

"Thanks." She says, helping Seb put strain tracks together. "Sebastians a great kid, though."

"Do you think you're gonna adopt?"

"Oh, for sure. I kinda have to."

"Have to."

"Yeah. To give someone else a family. There's like 43,000 foster kids out there. Even if I could have a kid."

"You really wouldn't have a child?"

"I would. But I'd adopt too."

"I can understand why. You might be older, and kind of a free babysitter-" she laughs, "but I don't know. It's easier to protect you when you're here. You're in such a rush to put your life back together. I'm not letting you because you're not ready."

"I lived alone for years."

"And how did that end?" She sighs.

"Let's not talk about this." Here we go again. "How was rehearsal?"

"Okay. Fast, actually." I tell her a little about it, not pushing her to talk much more. I'm glad I got that far and she seems to understand me. I bring Seb to our neighbors that have a kid around his age and are willing to babysit even though Kelsey said she can stay and babysit. I'm still letting her dance. Vanessa convinced me. Kelsey has missed a few opportunities but she has actually been here through a lot. Yesterday Tommy says that he wants her to be able to perform in the Tony awards if we end up performing. (A/N Haha they do and its awesome and yay) Andy wants her to assist in a class. I told him that she was in classes and he's pleased.

I head to the show and it goes well. I enjoy performing, especially with my friends and somehow, performing is relaxing, even if it's live theater.
-
Kelsey's POV
"Ready."

"Yep." I tell Jessica. I step back up onto pointe. Aden takes my hand and I step back up, do burrées forwards, and turns where he catches my waist as I do an arabesque. We continue with the sequence until the music picks up and it's me on my own.

"Yay." Jessica says when I come out of the turns, my leg to the side and going around to the back. I finish the phrase. I throw my arms up in victory.

"I didn't miss it."

"I know!"

"But I shifted my wait forward and hesitated after the coupé turn." She flips her phone, which was apparently recording that last part too, to herself.

"She will never be satisfied."

"But she's Peggy." Aden says as she flips her phone back.

"The Schuyler sisters." We keep singing, going back to back, but end up just laughing.

"In the greatest city in the world!" Jessica lets out a loud laugh and Aden poses and says

"Werk!" I bend over, covering my mouth. I haven't known Aden for long but he's hilarious and really friendly. I discover a half hour later that the dance itself is now online, and then an "outtakes" video of us singing that.

"Jessie!"

"I'n not taking that down." I sigh and post a clip from the first video that doesn't look horrible and don't acknowledge the second one at all while I look at my phone, taking my shoes off. No need to spread that anymore. Jazzy sends me a snap saying it was adorable but I tell her not to share it and ask her how her day when. She goes on to tell me that the entire cast will have seen it before they go to bed but that she won't share it herself. I repeat my question as I steal Jessica's turn board while she works with Aden on some choreography.

She answers and after a few minutes of talking about it and me sending blurred pictures, she asks me what I'm doing. I send a video and write SPINNING! On it.

You're such a kid.

I send a picture of myself in the mirror with my free arm in a shrug, my mouth hidden by my phone and my eyes big.

She screenshots it.

K: Jazzy!

J: Sorry i had to

K: i hate you

J: love you too baby sis

I send an excited face and she sends a kiss face.

K: I have been procrastinating for fifteen minutes. This why i don't use the internet!!!!!

I put my phone down and keep turning, actually trying now whole listening to Aden and Jessica. I like to just listen to people. I do it at dinner and most meals actually. Sometimes I'm too tired to talk.
-
A/N- i don't write about those cause I'm lazy and it moves the plot along in no sorta way! Also at this point, they have a Grammy and an Oscar and yes she was in it then. I just suck at writing about that stuff. Night.