Sixteen

I'm in eighth grade again. I'm babysitting as a job. Great.

I go back and visit my school, though. Mr.Gray is glad that I came and during lunch, he brings me to the faculty room.

"Oh, Kelsey. It's so nice to see you. You never came to visit after you graduated." My old english teacher, Mr.L, says. "Have you been too busy on Broadway?" I laugh.

"Busy trying to make it to Broadway."

"But you did it!" My guidance teacher, Ms.Elma says. "And a huge show as well."

"I'm actually not currently performing." I say, looking down a bit.

"Oh, why not? If you don't mind me asking." There's several teachers, six that I had had, eight I knew, in the room. Please don't be disappointed in me.

"Eight shows a week is as mentally exhausting as it is physically."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. In a few weeks I'll be back." I follow Mr.Gray into the hallway behind the theater.

"You feel comfortable talking about your life, right. I don't want to push you to tell your story if you don't want to."

"I'll be fine."

"Okay. There's a few foster kids in the school and I'm sure that they would love hearing where you went from to where you went to. It's quite incredible."

"Thank you."

"I'm so proud of you, Kelsey. You deserve broadway. And you'll be back soon, so no worries. Go kill it." I laugh and thank him again. I go and talk to Mrs.Andrews who helped with lighting, stage direction and literally, anything to do with this schools stage and what was put in it. And suddenly, I'm leaning against the edge of the stage with two teachers and art, music, and maybe some other classes students are settling into the auditorium seats.

"Less than three years ago, Kelsey, our speaker, graduated from this very school and made it to the broadway hit show Hamilton as an ensemble member who performs eight times a week in front of an audience of thirteen hundred people." She says quickly how I went from a student with struggles here to that and tells them to welcome me. Oh shit.
-
A/N- short. I know. Bear with me a few chapters because this story is about to get as sad as hell.
I normally don't do trigger warnings because I think that when The character says- oh, I have scars from cutting myself and then my character takes out a blade, i don't have to warn the reader what will happen. Like- i really hope the reader can guess that😂 but in this case I will because it gets real sad.

THEN IT GETS BETTER SO BEAR WITH ME, OKAY?!!!

And then sad again.