Thirty-four

There's not all too much tension in the next few days. We move on from it easily and work becomes rehearsal, joke around, eat, rehearse, joke around, perform, joke around, rehearse. Just the way I like it. Rehearsals are hard but I'm with my friends. I now just simply have no bones when people get bored. They like to bed me in every way I can bend. Carleigh can stay in relevé for a long time so we have a contest. Can she stay up longer or can I hold my leg up longer? I don't know who wins. She stays up a long time and my leg drops a little but stays above a ninety degree angle by far. So we don't know why actually wins.

"Hey, babe." I hear someone say, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

"Hey." I say, quietly, looking up from my vanity table to see Nick. I feel a little sick and Carleigh is now intensely watching next to is as she brushes her hair.

"It was negative."

"I told you." I say, finishing organizing. "Why'd you come in?"

"Because they let me."

"Who did?" Asks Carleigh.

"The guys at the door." He is allowed in here. He'll kill me if he finds out that I asked them to not let him in so I didn't. "I want a kiss." He turns my head to his and kisses me. I turn back to putting my pins away. I rush out with him following behind me. My phone buzzes.

Anthony diestwice: i saw that. You looked pissed

Kelsey bendsalot: That was the girls dressing room.

Anthony diestwice: then why was he in it.

Kelsey bendsalot: because he doesn't understand privacy or personal space with his IQ what's your excuse

Anthony diestwice: you had all changed and I went in with Jazzy to talk to Emmy
Read 11:17 pm
You there?

Kelsey?

Hello?
              Read 3:47 AM
Missed call

You okay?

Kelsey bendsalot: I'm fine.
-
Lin's POV
"Why won't she break up with him?!" I finally snap. I've left it alone for a week. I haven't mentioned it once since Anthony came to me concerned and I checked in with Carleigh and Ari. The texts I saw made it sound like she didn't like him. Her attitude around him seemed the same according to the people I asked. When they said that she was acting okay, I let it be. But she has a chocker on today.

"I think that it was just a choice to wear it, Lin." Oak says, laughing. "You know, the reason that they're made. To wear. For fashion." I eat another carrot, leaning back in my chair at the foldable table.

"Don't you dare go near me." I hear Kelsey say, laughing.

"Help us, Sasha." Carleigh says. The two of them rush in.

"What happened?" I ask, sitting up.

"Thayne's smoothie exploded on him and he's trying to hug us all." Carleigh explains. The door swings back open and a pink Thayne runs over to them. He grabs Carleigh before she gets to the stairs.

"I'm so sorry! I couldn't save you." Kelsey calls back from the stairs.

"Thayne. Get cleaned up." I say. "And stop chasing people."

"Fuck. It's an apocalypse." Kelsey says, running back down the stairs.

"You didn't save me." Carleigh says in a zombie voice. "You will become one of us." Thayne rushed towards me and I grab Kelsey, putting her in front of me, forgetting that she's shorter, small, and always looks for ways to get out of things and Thayne hugs me instead as Emmy, Jazzy, and Anthony come down the stairs, running to hug Oak. Thank god none of us are in costume.

"Where's Kelsey." We all look around the room, walking around the set of lockers and no one seeing her anywhere.

"Half up the stairs, half out here." We split up and none of us find her. We eventually have to get into costume.

"Anyone see her anywhere?"

"Ten minutes." The voice over the speaker warns.

"Shit. Where is she?"

"She's in the wing already." Anthony says. "One of the locker doors was open. She fits in a goddamn locker."

"Are you kidding me? We searched for her for like twenty minutes."

"There's nothing we can do when she's in costume."

"Pippa. You have a spare key, right?"