Fourteen

Kelseys POV
"I did that musical in eighth grade."

"I would love to see a video of that." I say.

"You never will." I stick my tongue out, making a few people laugh.

"You're such a kid." Sydney says before eating his apple. "Oh right, you are one." I know he's joking so it doesn't bother me. I continue writing. Sasha leans over my shoulder and catches a glimpse. She gasps.

"Kelsey!"

"What?" She grabs it from my hand, smiling. "You're in school."

"You started?" Pippa says, rushing over from the bench she was organizing her bag on to the table. I nod.

"What are you trying to get a degree in?" Arianna says, sitting up all the way, straight.

"Bookkeeping."

"That's so great."

"It's actually pretty boring. But it's a living. And thanks."

"Is it hard?" I shrug.

"Some parts are harder then others." I learn online to fit my schedule and I find it easier then lectures. Sasha gives it back.

"Oh, I'm so proud of our baby." Neil says, pulling me to my feet and hugs me really quickly. When he pulls back, he looks more concerned then excited. I shake it off.

"Let's celebrate." Ari says.

"It's no big deal."

"Are you kidding?" Says Betsy.

"This calls for cookies." Thayne says, rushing up the stairs. I laugh.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Javi asks from the end of the table. I shrug.

"Like I said, It's nothing special. It's just another step away from theater."

"It's not." Says Neil.

"Yeah. Who says you can't continue?"

"My lack of talent." I say, with a small laugh at myself, not because I'm funny but because I'm pathetic.

"Then how'd you get here?"

"I have cookies." Says Thayne, running down the stairs. Everyone grabs a cookie from the box and starts laughing. I take my stuff and run upstairs. Lin is in the hallway.

"Why did Thayne run off with cookies?" He says, looking confused. I laugh and turn into the dressing room.
-
"Okay, now you're drowning in work!" Carleigh says. "Give me your hand. I'll pull you out." I reach my hand out and she pulls me to my feet from the chair. I laugh but then sit down to finish my work. I'm almost done with what I have to do today. The program is flexible at least, so I chose how much I do a lot of the time, but I'll finish sooner if I do a lot now and won't be as stressed when there are less flexible parts. I listen to the conversations going in behind me and when I'm finally done, I join them, but fall asleep. I wake up to a few voices.

"But she's too cute to wake!"

"She looks really young." That's Neil's voice. "And tired." I feel a hand on my leg and I involuntarily whimper and open up my eyes, light flooding in and stinging them. I move my hand in front of my face to block it.

"Forty-five until show, Kels." Neil says, removing his hand. I see Lin in front of me, Neil besides me, and Carleigh doing her hair at the vanity on the other side of the room. I push myself up and stand. I'm awake by the show but it also feels like six in the morning. I'm hit by a wave of dizziness in Room where it happens and stumble on one small part. Shit. I get through the rest fine, though. Betsy says she didn't even see it but I was half out of her sight and she was dancing so it isn't valid.

Tommy weighs me the next day and says I've done better when I've gained seven and a half pounds back. He seems surprised by it. Then I go to the bathroom, remove the battery's and crap that added pounds under my sweater and turn on the water, flush the toilet, puke, and flush it again. I wash my mouth, lift my bag and go to get ready for the show.

It goes better than the last. I don't practically fall over and make a fool out of myself, and I email Mr.Gray back since he sent me one a few days ago. Then I see Tommy in the hall, who slows down his steps by far and looks surprised and then questioning when he looks at me. I go into the dressing room, change, brush out my hair, and quickly stretch so I don't get as sore.