3) Irina's Other Side

AN: Music for the chapter (on repeat): Thin Red Line by Hans Zimmer from The Thin Red Line Soundtrack, Idyll's End by Hans Zimmer from The Last Samurai

THREE

o

The CIA Team had been waiting an hour for news on Sydney when the doctor finally opened the door to the waiting room of the hospital that was deemed, 'CIA friendly.'

"She's fine." The man smiled softly, speaking in English with a heavy Russian accent looking over the four, very concerned men. "I've given her something to counteract the drug she was injected with and she has the use of her limbs back now, as well as her speech. Her X-rays showed quite a few old breaks and some very recent ones in her ribs that are healing, but not from the incident tonight."

'The fight with Allison,' they all realized but said nothing letting the man continue.

"She's okay and I will release her in a couple of hours but right now... she is a very troubled young lady. I feel she would be best off with her loved ones tonight." He tried to give a re-assuring smiling before adding, "I need a few more minutes with her and then you can come in."

"Thank you, doctor." Jack replied, shaking the man's hand before the doctor turned to leave.

"It's taken some time, but I've got it." Marshall arrived rushing in with laptop in hand. "Clear as a bell now, or crystal, I guess because bell would be something you hear and crystal is something you see..." His smile quickly fading, "Though... I don't think you're going to like what you see. I was actually able to pull together a few minutes from the main camera on the roof prior to the activation of your night-scopes... so you'll see more then you did originally through your goggles." He reluctantly hit the Play button and the men gathered around to watch the video stream taken of the night's events.

*Thin Red Line*

In the first moments, everyone and everything on the video had looked exactly as they thought. From their angle on the other building, Irina, now 'clear as a crystal' as Marshall put it, was still standing in front of the table but was not leaning over it as she seemed to be when they first happened upon the scene. Heated conversation seemed to be taking place with Cuvee's arm was reaching inside his jacket pocket retrieving a knife. The action caused just enough movement for them to see that his other arm that was extended towards Irina actually contained a gun pointed directly at her head.

Jack's heart sank in his chest. Somehow, he had a feeling his conscience was going to be haunting him. Everyone watching the video became horrified when Cuvee raised the knife over Sydney's lifeless arm, preparing to stab her hand into the table and completely stunned as Irina leaned in, swiped away Sydney's arm, getting stabbed herself, then grabbed the gun and now leveled it at Sydney... Something about this didn't make any sense.

"Why would she save Sydney from Cuvee just to point a gun at her?" Weiss asked, eyes never leaving the screen. "It doesn't make any sense." He said only to be 'shushed' by Jack who was watching the rest of the events unfold.

Irina and Cuvee seemed to be conversing, her gun on Sydney, his gun on her...

"I'm gonna' be sick." Weiss added again as they watched Irina pull her hand and knife, from the wooden table, effectively pushing, or in this case pulling, the knife deeper into and through her hand. Blood was easily seen now streaming down her hand and arm.