47) Prophecy Child

AN: Music for this chapter (on repeat): This is another chapter that absolutely you want to listen to the music as you read! Action packed craziness!

Thunderstruck by ACDC, Absurd (Whitewash edit)by Fluke, Bring Me To Life (Kevin Roen Mix) Evanesence and Paul Van Dyk, 'The End' and 'Born In Darkness' are by Hans Zimmer from The Dark Knight Rises Soundtrack

FORTY-SEVEN

o

"Thank you." Irina gave Jack a small smile, taking her sniper rifle back from him as she had finished putting her Kevlar on over their black BDUs now that night had fallen once more.

"Of course."He smiled in return, leaning over to place a soft kiss on her lips.

"Is everyone ready?" He looked around at their team and everyone nodded with a nervous adrenaline.

"Ok, let's go!" Irina gave a small smiled and jumped into the jeep and Sydney followed behind her.

They drove through the darkness, over the dunes for another 10 miles until they reached a sharp ridge, just before the oasis that had sharp and flat rocks pocking out beneath the sand. Irina shut down the jeep just behind the giant dune after looking at her GPS coordinates and Sydney followed suit.

"This is it." Irina touched her neck, speaking softly into her Com to the other jeep as she nodded at Jack, Sark and Weiss to exit. Irina went around back and handed ammo belts to all of them from a wooden box in the back, crossing one over her body as well. "Ok, here's how it's going to go." Irina sighed, loading more Uzi clips onto her belt. "There is going to be a roaming patrol coming around here in," She looked at her watch, "Five minutes…the first of four. We take them out…steal their jeep. I will take out the three snipers on this side and then split into 4 teams of two. Jack and Sark," She looked at them, pairing them up, "Weiss and Dixon, Sydney and Vaughn and Marshall…you're with me." She looked at the very nervous young man. "You and I will go in on foot from this side, towards the compound taking out the ground troops and getting you to that keypad before the sequence code changes again."

Marshall nodded nervously, looking as though he might throw up. Irina had duel intentions taking him as her partner, first, she needed to get him to that keypad and second, she wanted to keep him by her side, as he was certainly not experienced in combat.

 Irina had duel intentions taking him as her partner, first, she needed to get him to that keypad and second, she wanted to keep him by her side, as he was certainly not experienced in combat

The rest of you will take their jeep, and proceed around the compound, when you encounter another roaming patrol, take them out and steal that and the snipers on that side of the compound. Remember there are three roaming patrols. So you'll have to take out two." She looked at all of them and they nodded. "With their jeeps it will be easier for you to approach the compound, meet Marshall and I at the door on the Southwest side in fifteen minutes and we all go in together, understood?"