59) Heir To The Throne

AN: Music for this chapter (on repeat): What You Wanted by One Republic, Goodbye by Celine Dion, Mama by Boyz 2 Men, Where's Your Head At by the Basement Jaxx, Science and Religion by Hans Zimmer from Angels & Demons Soundtrack

FIFTY-NINE

o

*What You Wanted*

Jack slowly opened his eyes and smiled instantly looking into Irina's beautiful sleeping face. Lena hadn't awoken yet and he was content to lie in bed with Irina, just looking at her. Today was a very special day, one that he, Sydney and Julian had been preparing for, for over a week.

Today was the first Mother's Day Sydney would celebrate with her mother since 1981 when she brought her burnt toast, a spilled glass of orange juice and scrambled eggs with parts of the shell in them, beaming proudly that she made them for Mommy, 'all by herself,' and then sang to her, 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow.'

This was also the first Mother's Day Julian would celebrate with Irina as his mother as well as Lena's.

They all wanted it to be special for Irina, give her something she'd never forget. Katya and Sophia had flown back to Rome just for the weekend to see Marcelo and Sergei, and happily giving Irina and her family some time alone on their holiday, though she didn't know it. Vaughn had left them for the weekend as well, going to Gryady for the first time by himself to see his grandmother and bring her back for the Coronation before the masses of people began their pilgrimage towards St. Petersburg and she couldn't get in.

Slowly he reached his hand over and feathered the stray hair off her face and leaned in, inches from her face taking one last long look at her with a smile before kissing soft lips. Her long eyelashes fluttered against her cheeks and he kissed her again lightly. He pulled back smiling as she folded her hands under her face, smiling though her eyes wouldn't open.

'She was so cute when she first woke up.' Jack couldn't tear the smile from his face looking at her sweet face.

"Good morning, Beautiful." He brushed her cheek again with the backs of his fingers; nestling in again as they faced one another only inches apart. "How was your night?"

"Amazing." Irina finally opened her dark eyes with a smile thinking about the night before and making love with her husband, falling fast asleep in his arms after. "How was your night?"

"Mine was wonderful with you by my side." Jack smiled at her, moving in until their noses touched.

Irina returned his smile and moved even closer until her lips were on his, pausing briefly in their capture then slid her tongue along his bottom lip until he opened wider and kissed him more deeply. Jack encircled her naked back with his arm and pulled her to him as he rolled her body on top of his. Her hair cascaded around them like a curtain and their hearts began to pound with the immense emotion and rising passion.

Lena awoke and started gurgling and making funny noises they could hear through the baby monitor. The sounds became so loud and funny it made them pull apart laughing. Irina sat upright, perched upon his body, looking down at her loving husband smiling and laughing as they listened to Lena in her nursery.

"I'll go get her." Jack slapped Irina's thigh in front of him lovingly and smiled as she rolled off him, allowing him to get up. He pulled on his discarded pair of pajama pants from last night as Irina giggled watching him and trying to locate her own nightgown that Jack had thrown somewhere in the midst of their passion the night before.