41) The Wedding ♥️

AN: Music for this chapter: No Promises By Shayne Ward, My Heart will Go On by Celion Dion , Last night On earth by Delta Goodreem, All Of Me By John Legend.

FORTY-ONE

o

"Ahhhh!" Sydney squealed with delight, wrapping her arms around her mother's shoulders from behind as they both stood in front of the massive mirror in their hotel suite in Santa Barbara. "You're getting married tomorrow!" She felt tears stinging her eyes with happiness.

"Don't start crying again, Sydney, or I will, too and then we'll both ruin our make-up." Irina laughed, wrapping her own arms over her daughters. "You are so beautiful, my Sweet Girl." Irina smiled proudly as she looked at their reflection in the mirror. They were both wearing dresses made from the same fabric for just this occasion.

Everyone was gathered together in the beautiful city for the weekend to attend the wedding of Jack and Irina. Tonight they were attending a special dinner with their friends and family at the Bacara Resort. It was also an opportunity for the press to get some photos as the actual wedding ceremony was going to be closed off, airspace included thanks to President Bush, who would also be in attendance along with the Putins.

Sydney leaned forward and kissed her mother's temple with a smile, "I love you Mom." She couldn't stop the tears from pooling in her eyes. "To the moon and back, more the stars in the heavens and the sands on Earth...forever and always."

"Forever and always." Irina repeated locking her eyes with her daughters in the mirror before turning in her arms and holding her tightly. "I love you, Sweetheart."

They heard a soft knocking and reluctantly broke their embrace, "Come in." Irina called softly with a smile. Katya and Sophia entered looking gorgeous in dresses made of the exact same material as that of Irina and Sydney.

All of them different in design to fit the style of the woman wearing it and still presenting a united front.

"I'm so happy you're both here!" Irina took two strides forward, smiling as she pulled both of them into her arms.

"Well I missed the first wedding, I'll be damned if I'm missing the second!" Katya laughed with tears in her eyes. "I'm so happy for you Rina." She kissed her sisters' cheek.

"Thank you both for being here." Irina smiled in return, cupping Sophia's face and kissing her forehead and then cheeks, repeating the move with Katya and holding their hands.

"I came to tell you the limos are here." Katya smiled, extending her hand to Sydney who took it, and the four of them stood in a temporary circle holding hands. "The Derevko women together again." She smiled brightly as they all batted tears. "We will not cry!" She scolded as she blinked her tears back furiously smiling.

"Has everyone arrived?" Irina walked to the nightstand, grabbing tissues for them all to dab their eyes with.

"Marshall and his lovely friend Carrie just arrived as well as Mr. Weiss." Katya smiled brightly, and Sophia raised her eyebrows with approval.

"And Vaughn?" Sydney, dabbed at her eyes trying to keep her make-up from smearing. "Are they back from the airport?"

Vaughn had gone to pick up his father...and his mother, at the Santa Barbara airport an hour or so ago.