25) Angry Drunk Jack

AN: This chapter has amazingly beautiful awesome music. They all do, IMO, but this one really strikes a chord. Music for this chapter (on repeat): Jealous by Sinead O'Connor, I Like the Way You Move by Outkast, Cry Me a River by Justin Timberlake, #1 Crush by Garbage, So Cold (The Good Wife Trailer version)Ben Cocks, Secret Garden by Bryan Adams

TWENTY-FIVE

o

*Jealous*

Irina was standing in her black bra and underwear in front of a full-length mirror, fastening her earring to her ear when Jack barged through the door, their eyes meeting in the reflection. He didn't bother shutting the door as he stood in the doorway looking at her as she moved to her closet and pulled a three-quarters length, strapless black dress from the hanger.

"I'm going with you." He said resolutely watching as she stepped into the silky black fabric and shimmied it up her body, over her hips with a high slit just over her right leg exposing what Jack deemed a 'dangerous amount' of her thigh.

"No. You're not." Irina ran her palms calmly over the fabric, smoothing the wrinkles, her back still facing Jack.

"Yes. I am." He took a step closer, the volume of his voice increasing.

"Jack, don't argue with me on this. Please?" She sighed frustrated as she sat on the corner of the bed, slipping her feet into her high heels. "If you'd calm down, you'd realize I'm right. I need to do this my way."

"Calm down? Calm down?" He put his hands on his hips and shifted his weight before throwing his arm back, throwing his jacket in disgust and anger knocking over a glass figurine on her dresser and sending it crashing to the floor. "How the hell can you sit there so calmly asking me to 'calm down' when you're getting ready to go out and... and 'God knows what' with this man you've obviously slept with before! Had a relationship with! I'm not about to sit here and let you...let you-" He caught the words on his tongue but the fire in her eyes let him know it was too late.

"Let me what, Jack?" Irina rose furiously off the bed. "Let me 'whore myself out'...isn't that what you were about to say, Jack?"

"Irina that's not-" Jack noticed the tears forming her eyes and tried lamely to deflect the truth as he took a step closer.

"Just... Stop." She put her hand out to stop him and looked away attempting to hide her unshed tears and took a step away from him grabbing her purse and side stepping him to get through the door.

The crunch of shattered glass under her feet spurring Jack from his daze at what just transpired.

"Irina!" Jack called after her, chasing her as she bound down the steps and into the kitchen where the other three remained frozen in place having heard the entire conversation and shattering glass. "Irina, Look at me...please?" Jack called again, stopping on the opposite side of the kitchen, glancing briefly at the others in the room.

"Sydney could you please?" Irina turned her back to Sydney once again to have her daughter zip up her dress, ignoring Jack.

"Irina!" Jack shouted, his anger rising as the situation was rapidly going out of control.

"Jack, I'm not having this conversation with you now." She shook her head and made her way to the refrigerator where she grabbed her insulin and supplies.