19) Death Sentenced

A/N: This Chapter is Really Heart Wrenching.

Music for this Chapter is so good and meaningful for these scenes! I highly recommend getting it on Youtube or Spotify! It's free so why not enjoy as it was written! (on repeat) Make You Feel My Love by Adele, Change in the House of Flies by Deftones, She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5, Angel by Sarah McLachlan, Kissing You by Des'ree from Romeo and Juliet Soundtrack, Hold On by Chord Overstreet

NINETEEN

o

"Oh my God, Eric," Vaughn laughed watching Sydney and Irina put Lena in her very first article of clothing. "What size is that? She's swimming in it!"

"It was cute so I grabbed it. Had those cute little yellow flowers." Weiss watched with fallen expression as Irina rolled the sleeves up on the baby lying on her bed. "It looked pretty small in the store. She's just super small. I'm sorry, man, ok! I did the best I could under pressure!"

"It's very cute, Agent Weiss," Irina smiled up at him when she finished, "I'm sure she'll grow into it." She propped the baby up in her arm as Sydney slid on the little knit hat to keep Lena's head from getting cold.

Weiss seemed to lighten up after Irina gave her approval and threw Vaughn an annoyed look. "At least I got the diaper size right."

"Only because you and Marshall bought every size from Preemie up." Vaughn added under his breath and cracked a smile. "One of them was bound to fit her."

"Oh shut up, Mike!" Weiss threw an oversized diaper at him.

"Ok you two, enough!" Sydney sniped at them, gently taking the baby from her mother and turning to Vaughn, "Open your arms."

"What? Syd? I ah..." He stuttered the closer she came to him with the baby.

"Just open your arms." She smiled calmly.

"Syd, I've never held a baby this tiny." He opened his arms as Sydney gently passed the baby off to him. "Oh." He cooed once the baby was in his arms, "Wow." He smiled down at her and then up at Sydney and Irina, the exchange making Irina smile from ear to ear sitting in her bed.

The morning after the delivery, her medical cell had become the hotspot of the JTTF with Lena's arrival.

"I've got it!" Marshall exclaimed, armed with a digital camera and an enormous smile as he burst through the cell door.

"Thank you, Marshall. Katya will be thrilled to see some photos of Lena." Irina smiled adjusting her pillow. "It was a very thoughtful idea. Where'd your father go to?" Irina looked back towards Sydney while Marshall started snapping pictures of the baby.

"He's talking with Kendall. They're going to move you back to your regular cell and Dad's talking him into letting you keep the baby with you full-time, until he can secure your pardon." The baby started fussing and Vaughn handed her back to Irina to feed. "It only makes sense, since we'd have to be bringing her back down here every two hours for you to feed anyway." Sydney sat on the edge of the bed watching her sister nurse.