14) Proud Dad & Mom

For this Chapter (on repeat): Fumbling Towards Ecstasy by Sarah McLachlan, Never Grow Old by The Cranberries, Everything by Lifehouse,and Bleed to Love Her by Fleetwood Mac

FOURTEEN

o

Jack was sitting on the bottom step, waiting for Irina, when she found him. He stood to greet her and Irina was assaulted with what he was wearing. He was dressed in jeans and a form fitting black shirt that he'd pulled the sleeves up making them three-quarters in length. He looked damn sexy in black, as always, and Irina smiled eyeing him.

"I like that shirt." She smiled handing him the toast and juice.

"I like your boots." He raised his eyebrow and laughed. "Who knew you in Western boots would be so sexy? But now that I've seen you in them... I have a few ideas for them later."

"Really... I can only imagine what your mind is conjuring up Jack." She laughed as they walked towards the door. "I heard you mortified our daughter this morning."

"More like she mortified me. That's your fault." He opened the door and let her pass.

"How is that my fault?" She paused in the doorframe their bodies so close her belly was brushing against his.

"You've apparently passed on more then your stubborn tendencies." His brow furrowed as if truly disturbed by the thought causing Irina to laugh. "What were you thinking putting them in the same room, Irina?"

"Jack... when are you going to realize our little girl is all grown up? What sense does it make to put them in separate bedrooms? Would you rather have passed Vaughn in the hall last night as he was sneaking into Sydney's room while you were sneaking into mine?" She shook her head, chuckling at the visual that presented.

"No, that wouldn't have been good either, but I doubt it would have been any more embarrassing then our encounter this morning. I don't know how I am going to look her in the eye now."

"She's probably thinking the same thing about us, Jack. You're both equally mortified now, but you'll get over it." She tried to stifle another chuckle.

"You find this amusing don't you? And what are we standing out here for anyway?"

"I'm just sorry I missed the show and we're waiting for the car. Here it is now." She smiled as the black limousine pulled in front of them.

The older man from last night emerged from behind the driver's door and walked to the back to open the door for Irina.

"Good morning, Dmitri." Irina greeted the man in Russian with a smile.

"Good morning, Tsarina." He returned the greeting, kissing her hand as he guided her into the car.

The men nodded in acknowledgement of each other, but Jack could feel the cool under current in Dmitri's intense gaze as he guided Irina into the car and closed the door behind her.

"You're the one? The CIA agent?" Dmitri spoke in heavily accented English as he walked Jack around the back of the car to let him in the opposite door.

Jack nodded, suspicious but immediately feeling the 'protective' vibe coming from the older man.

"You were part of the team in Moscow?" His eyes boring heavily into Jack's.

Absolution- Alias FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara