37) New Year Love

AN: Music for this Chapter (on repeat): Air Force One- Main Theme (original) by from the Air Force One Soundtrack, All Of Me by John Legend.

Everyone was waiting in the foyer for Jack and Irina. She'd directed the question to Weiss but he just stood there in front of her with a blank expression on his face.

Sydney scrunched her eyebrows up analyzing him before Sophia jumped in.

"Yes, they are. They said to give them fifteen or twenty minutes. Your mom is still drying her hair."

"They've been up there over an hour. What have they been doing?" Sydney looked up towards the second story where the closed door to her parents' bedroom was.

Weiss finally snapped out of his shock and smiled brightly with a mischievous grin.

"They were-" He was about to say something he shouldn't and Sophia cut him off.

"Talking. They were talking." She shot Weiss a glare when Sydney's head was turned but Katya caught it. They were covering something up. She'd get it out of Sophia later.

Irina and Jack made their way downstairs fifteen minutes later and looking impeccable.

"Jack, what happened to your hands there? Looks like you were attacked by wild animal. A 'Siberian' Tiger maybe?" Weiss smiled smugly watching Jack help Irina into her coat.

Jack burned bright red, looking down at the backs of his hands where ten perfect fingernail marks indented his flesh, already bruising in their swollen crimson state.

"Owe!" Weiss yelped when Sophia stomped on his foot giving him a death glare. Sydney and everyone else's eyes going to Jack's hands and Katya started giggling when Irina gave Weiss a death glare of her own, realizing now what her daughter and Mr. Weiss were supposed to be keeping secret.

"So, Rina, I guess that means you're feeling better?" Katya asked in her chipper voice, "Rwarrr!" She growled, pawing the air and laughed deeply when Irina rolled her eyes and kissed Jack on the cheek, seeing he was obviously mortified.

"Oh God!" Sydney muttered under her breath as she tilted her head down, covering her eyes realizing what her parents were really doing to have taken so long upstairs. "Can we just go to the restaurant please?" She stalked past everyone and out the door to the waiting limo.

"Let's go." Irina pulled on Jack's hand with a smile.

Irina rested her chin on her fist, looking at the swirling clouds outside the plane's window, lost in thought over the events of the last two days, Lena was sleeping soundly against her chest, covered with a soft pink blanket.

Vladimir, Irina, and Katya held a press conference in Moscow answering questions about Anastasia and their own lives, the future of Russia and Irina's time in the US. They were also giving the facts of Irina's last minute Pardon by President Bush, who had flown to Russia to show his support and explain his part in it all. Mikhail and Vaughn had left for France a few days earlier to give Vaughn's mother the surprise of her life and now that the press conference was over, Sydney had flown to Paris to join them for the New Year. Marshall and Weiss had left for Los Angeles and were now back at work.

"You did fantastic." Jack gave Irina a small smile, picking up her hand and kissing the back of it, seeing she was lost in thought. The press had asked some rather difficult questions and although Irina handled it beautifully at the time, he knew she was thinking about them now. "Are you ok?" He continued to stroke the back of her hand, sitting beside her.