15) Cuvee's Terror

AN: For the record, I have absolutely no political enthusiasm for the figure listed below in control of Russia. His character is for story purposes only. In real life, I feel less than enthused by the man.

Music for this chapter (on repeat): Clocks by Coldplay, Return to Innocence by Enigma, The Russian Lullaby by Lorie Line, Mother and Child Reunion by Paul Simon, There She Goes by The La's, From Russia with Love by Matt Monro from James Bond Soundtrack, Anastasia (techno trance mix) by Anastasia on Dream Dance Vol. 12.

FIFTEEN

o

Jack exited the opposite side of the car and paused briefly, resting his arm on the roof of the car to take in the spectacular sight before him. Peterhof Palace.

Irina inhaled deeply, enjoying the smell of the evergreen trees mixing with the smell of the sea. After being locked up for so long, she never missed the opportunity to stop and smell 'fresh air.'

"This is all yours' too?" Jack asked while they made their way up the steps, Irina's arm nestled in the crook of his as he helped her to the top.

"Mine... and Katya's," She swayed her head to the side, her head mimicking the sway of tones in her voice. "Though, it's mostly open for the public and tourists now. Everyone should be able to enjoy the beauty of this place." She smiled, nodding towards the beautiful fountains and statues lining the steps. "Someone should be enjoying it... I never seem to have the time to."

A man in a black business suit appeared at the top of the stairs, an immediate smile gracing his lips, hurrying down the steps to greet Irina, taking hold of her other arm. "Irina," He smiled and nodded at Jack acknowledging him, "Why aren't you using the elevator you just had us install?" He laughed.

"I'm pregnant not disabled, Illiyah." She gave him her stern, stubborn glare followed by that seductive smile that made every man who encountered her weak in the knees and fall madly in love with her. The man laughed and shook his head. "Illiyah, this is my husband, Jack. Jack, this is my fantastic head contractor, Illiyah." Referring to Jack as her husband, easily rolling off her tongue now after so many introductions this morning.

The men acknowledged one another again with nods and curt smiles once they'd reached to top. Walking past several workers washing windows and grounds keepers they entered through the main doors of the palace.

The sharp intake of breath from Irina let Jack know she was just as captivated by the massive foyers beauty as he was.

"It looks incredible, Illiyah, you did a marvelous job."

The man beamed with pride as she began walking around surveying the room. "We are completely finished with the restoration now, I am so pleased you are happy with it. After so many years of working on it, I am sad to see it end."

"Ah yes, but we still have so much left to do with Pavlovsk, Yelagin, Gatchina, St. Catherine's and of course, finishing Alexander."

"Yes," he laughed, "We do."

Jack meandered around the room as Irina and Illiyah were in deep conversation looking over plans and talking about fountains, groundwork and trees for the next twenty minutes with Irina putting her signature on several forms.