Chapter 2: New Path

Decided to publish a chapter or two more to get you guys really hooked into the story, if you want another one after this one just vote!

Chapter 2 (unedited)

I open my eyes to the raging pain in my neck. I feel like I have been stabbed. I swallowed and the pain I felt was unlike anything else. I feel as though every time I swallow I am reliving the moment that Dante bit me. Dante?! Nicholas?! I wonder what happened after I blacked out? I open my eyes and try to focus on my surroundings but it was hard. Finally my eyes focused and I could see that I was in my bed at Nicholas's house. He must have stopped Dante from killing me. I try to focus my hearing to see if anybody is nearby. The door is open so I should be able to hear if anybody is here. It's a big house but sounds travel as though they have a place to get to and are worried they won't be noticed if they aren't loud. I heard 2 different voices but I couldn't quite make out what the voices were saying. It sounded like they were arguing. It was Dante and Nicholas. I couldn't quite pick up the words but Nicholas's tone didn't seem like he was very happy. I tried to sit up but couldn't. My muscles felt like Jello. Nicholas must have heard me moan when I tried to sit up because he was kneeling next to me in a heartbeat.

"You okay?" He asked concerned.

"I don't know. I am going to guess that not being able to get up is a bad sign." I say sarcastically.

"Your body is weak you lost a lot of blood. It's going to take a while for you to fully recover."

"How long till I can get out of bed?"

" I don't know probably close to a week."

" A WEEK?! I'm going to be stuck in this bed for a week?!"

"Don't worry I'll keep you company. I sent Dante out to get you some nutrition shakes because you are not going to want anything else for the next couple of days.

"Thanks that really nice of you." I said calming my tone and myself down.

"Your welcome. I am so sorry that Dante did this to you."

"It's okay. You have no control over his actions."

The week on my bed gave me a lot of time to think about what I was going to do about Dante. What was going to stop him from hurting me again? I knew what I needed to do but, it's not something you can do on your own. I would need help. Hopefully Nicholas would know someone who can help. You don't won't know unless you ask. When he comes into my room to give me my last nutritional shake for dinner I will ask him. I can not wait until I can go back to normal food instead of just liquids.

"Hey Nicholas can I ask you something?"

"Oh course. What's on your mind?"

"Have you ever heard of or ran into a vampire slayer?"

" I have heard of a couple but, haven't had the pleasure of meeting one." The last part of his sentence was clearly sarcastic. "Why do you ask?

"Umm... I want to become a vampire slayer. No, I'm not going to kill you or your brother. I just want to be able to defend myself against vampires or anyone that wants to hurt me. Do you know how one becomes a slayer?"

"There are a couple different methods. The one I would recommend for you is to go see a witch about getting some super human strength that way you're about as strong and as fast as a vampire and then you just train for a few months to be even stronger and get fighting techniques."

"Okay and where do you find a witch who can do this?" I asked thinking of how everything could be falling into place.

"Umm... I don't know but, I will ask around."