Chapter 22: Early Visitor

I cried as I walked back to the field where I saved the boy. I never let go what Abby said to me. I eventually fell to the ground, tears pouring. I'm responsible for a little boy's death. I couldn't save him.

"What's wrong, your friends abandon you?" That voice! The one who is responsible for everything, me becoming a slayer, the bounty on me, everything. Anger replaced my sadness as I looked up to see Dante standing less than ten feet away.

"You're early." I said annoyed as I stood up.

"So are you. Rave and I haven't had a lot of time to chat, but he did tell me about a blue liquid you drank." He said smirking. "Hey Rave, I found her!"

Next thing I knew Rave was running out of the line of trees and stopped next to Dante.

Once the time is right, I'm going to kill Dante. Nicholas' brother or not, he needs to pay for what he has done.

"There you are, now come!" Rave ordered.

I hated being ordered around like a dog, but I had to play along till the time was right. So I walked over there and acted like I was trying to fight my body.

"Excellent." Dante said pleased. "Bring her inside."

"Go!"

I don't know why he must order me around like a dog. He could always just ask. Then again that might not be how this works.

As I made my way to the cabin I passed Hypers body and I couldn't help the tears that escaped. Dante looked at me, but I refused to let him see me weak.

"Where are they?!" I demanded once I realized that Nicholas and Seth were nowhere to be found.

"Relax, let's sit and chat." He motioned to a chair next to the one he occupies.

"No!" I shook my head. "I've been playing by your rules, but now I'm done!"

"You don't have a choice. Let me remind you of something Lipgloss, I'm holding all the cards here: I have Nicholas and Seth, someplace where I can have both killed with just dialing a number, not to mention my boy Rave got you to drink the blue potion." He was right. He did hold all the cards, but I still have a few up my sleeve.

"So how's it been without your slayer powers?" Dante asked as I sat down after being ordered to.

"Manageable. I may not have my slayer strengths or instincts, but I still am the strongest living vampire."

"That doesn't matter, I know all your patterns." Dante said.

"Maybe so, but I can still beat you. We've proven that multiple times."

We sat in silence for a while until Rave's dad came through the door with a young woman who couldn't be much older than me. She had brown, straight hair, hazel eyes that were filled with terror, and yet she still tried to play it off as if she wasn't scared at all.

"Excellent, one task down, still many to go."

"I'm not helping you!" the girl spoke. "What you want to be done isn't something I believe in doing."

"Either do it or die. You have plenty of time to think about it." Dante started very angrily, losing patience.

Rave's dad put the girl over in the corner far away from me. Dante, Rave, and I then left to go walk and talk. The idea that Dante needs another vampire to protect him makes me very pleased.

"It will be quite interesting to see you weak Lipgloss."

"I'll never be weak."

"I disagree, when I have your powers you will be as weak as Seth."