Chapter 28: The New World

"So give it to me straight, how bad is it?" I asked.

"Picture a sad black and white movie full of terror and no one on the street."

"Wow."

"So what's your plan of attack?"

"Plan of attack?! I'm human with no super strength..."

Just as I spoke a thought ran through me, I never lost my slayer ability, not my strength, nothing. I must have been too sad about Seth to remember.

"I still have my slayer strength! Dante tried to get Trollhella to get rid of it, but instead she made me immune to a potion they tried to give me!"

"Wait you still have your slayer powers?!"

"Apparently." I said happily.

We drove in silence until we got to and down and my heart broke. Dead bodies laid all over the streets, there was blood everywhere. I could see vampires lingering in the shadows. I looked at Nicholas unable to believe this is a world I had left only a few weeks ago.

"Please tell me we just entered a alternate universe where the devil rules the Earth." I said to him in awe.

"Sadly, this is Dante's dream world, vampires rule."

This is going to take a while. I can't just leave here with all these humans in danger.

"We have to help these people." I told him.

Nicholas opened his mouth to refuse, but he knows me well enough to tell when I'm not going to let something go or not. He pulled over and parked the car, then we proceed to get out of the car. We grabbed some stakes and I grabbed a pocket knife.

"That's not going to help much." He announced.

"You'll see." I told him walking to the middle of the road.

I looked both ways from habit, but no human would be dumb enough to come out of their homes. I pulled the knife out and cut my wrist open. I forget how it felt to not heal fast, needless to say, it feels painful.

"What are you doing?!" Nicholas asked running to me with a panicked expression.

"Drawing the vampires out, Dante told me that slayer blood is irresistible. Once they smell it, they can't resist."

In seconds the road was covered with vampires looking as if I was the last piece of meat for a hungry village.

"Ready?" I asked him.

He nodded.

The vampires all jumped at me like a pack of hyenas. I moved slightly to the right and half of them ran into each other. Nicholas and I punched and got punched for a while until we finally just started staking them every chance we got. I got so into it I almost staked Nicholas.

"Hey only the evil ones, okay?" he laughed.

We continued laughing as we made our way back to the car.

"So you met your dad, how was that?" Nicholas asked me after about a half an hour later.

"Well first he's a vampire and second he raised Hunter." I explained.

"True, sorry I asked."

"Don't be, it was just weird for the last couple of weeks, we've been acting like a real family, but I don't know..."

"You're just used to the exciting life of a slayer?"

"Yeah."

How can I go back to a normal human life when I've been apart of something fun and spontaneous. The life I shared with Seth was a life I never wanted to leave.